• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Tierd of it all? I am....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
All I'm asking is why the double standard, the hypocrisy? Why are Pilot unions any different than teacher unions?
Read much? Did your teachers go on strike while learning reading comprehension. That is kind of his point and you are slamming him for it! :laugh:

EXACTLY!! We work for companies that HAVE TO make money or we lose our jobs. That's the risk we take. If the economy takes a dump and people still spend 100 dollars for a ticket to a basketball game, but not to shcool fund drives then we all are to blame, but teachers should not automatically get to keep their current pay. Do airlines furlough? Of course. Should teachers take a pay or benefit cut? ABSOLUTELY!!!!!!!!!

They offered to increase contributions to their pensions and accept cuts to their pay. Why strip them of their collective bargaining rights?

Read much? Did your teachers go on strike while learning reading comprehension. That is kind of his point and you are slamming him for it! :laugh:

No need to get your blood pressure elevated. It was a simple question.

Just curious, how much did you contribute to your pension with the AF?

They offered to increase contributions to their pensions and accept cuts to their pay. Why strip them of their collective bargaining rights?
This is why. And for good reason. Public unions have a monopoly position that gives them undue bargaining power. Their campaign cash—collected via mandatory dues—also helps to elect the politicians who are then supposed to represent taxpayers in negotiations with those same unions. The unions sit, in effect, on both sides of the bargaining table. Spineless pols, worried abut reelection, roll over and play dead to union demands, after all they are not spending their money, they are spending our money. This is why such famous political friends of the working man as Franklin Roosevelt and Fiorello La Guardia opposed collective bargaining for government workers, even as they championed private unions.
As I said to Rez, it is a great deal this military pension, it is a freebie, and anyone can get it. All you have to do is sign up, spend 20 years, and collect.

Last edited:
This is why. And for good reason. Public unions have a monopoly position that gives them undue bargaining power. Their campaign cash—collected via mandatory dues—also helps to elect the politicians who are then supposed to represent taxpayers in negotiations with those same unions. The unions sit, in effect, on both sides of the bargaining table. Spinless pols roll over and play dead for union demands, after all they are not spending their money, they are spending our money. This is why such famous political friends of the working man as Franklin Roosevelt and Fiorello La Guardia opposed collective bargaining for government workers, even as they championed private unions.

Sounds to me like you arguing more for campaign finance reform than you are against collective bargaining rights?

I'm am 100% behind taking money out of the equation for both the Democratic or Republican Parties.

BTW I fully support our members of the Military who allow us to freely debate this issue and by no means endorse cutting taxes to cut their pensions which our funded through the Pentagon's budget.

PilotyIp, the self-proclaimed expert on everything. A little light reading for ya to think about. http://www.economist.com/blogs/democracyinamerica/2010/08/pension_funding

Last edited:
I'm a fan of the Catalina as well. Real beamy and well thought out design.
I'd like to be in the "bow thruster" range of purchasing.

Here's a 470 4-sale.
http://www.sailboatlistings.com/view/16639

This thread should be moved to the front of the line, from time to time!
I must admit that's a LOT of boat for the money. No doubt a great live-aboard/Coastal Cruiser. I guess I'm just biased.

Sounds to me like you arguing more for campaign finance reform than you are against collective bargaining rights?

I'm am 100% behind taking money out of the equation for both the Democratic or Republican Parties.

BTW I fully support our members of the Military who allow us to freely debate this issue and by no means endorse cutting taxes to cut their pensions which our funded through the Pentagon's budget.

PilotyIp, the self-proclaimed expert on everything. A little light reading for ya to think about. http://www.economist.com/blogs/democracyinamerica/2010/08/pension_funding
used to subscribe to it, too British. Mil pensions area hot topic in the DOD. BTW self proclaimed?, couldn't you do that for me?

I must admit that's a LOT of boat for the money. No doubt a great live-aboard/Coastal Cruiser. I guess I'm just biased.

I'd like to purchase in the range of 50'+. A refurbishment hull (mind you), but not a rebuild.

They're out there........As I look through the same lens as the original poster of this thread..........

Too Much

No need to get your blood pressure elevated. It was a simple question.

No elevated blood pressure here, I was just pointing out you were slamming him for making the same point you were posting. Guess you still have comprehension problems. :laugh:

As far as pensions go...I contributed 20 years of my life (and my family's life) to the service of my country. I willingly laid my life on the line as an instrument of our country's foreign/military policy and was prepared to make the ultimate contribution. By the grace of God I didn't end up making that contribution. I think that (in addition to the other hardships included in a 20 year career) is more than enough of a contribution to earn my military pension. How bout you? What have you contributed?

PS. I'm not mad or upset. I'm completely at peace. I just thought your idiotic post deserved a reply. If you really want to research the subject of mil retirements, why don't you drop into the Military section and post your question. I'm sure you will get plenty of good info. ;)

Last edited:
Once upon a time, a Prince asked a beautiful Princess "Will you marry me?"

The Princess said "NO."

And the Prince lived happily ever after and rode motorcycles and f#cked skinny big titted broads and hunted and raced cars and went to naked bars and dated women half his age and drank whiskey, beer and Captain Morgan and never heard bitching and never paid child support or alimony and ate pussies and azz f#cked cheerleaders and kept his house and guns and never got cheated on while he was at work and all his friends and family thought he was f#ckin
cool as hell and had tons of money in the bank and farted openly and left the toilet seat up

THE END

Latest resources

Back