This sucks!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

THUGLIFE

To all working towards an airline. Stop right now and look for a new career. Don’t listen to the hype of your flight school! They just want your money. I’m so sick of this #$#@!!!!!! No pay for two months, when I do get my check I have deductions for my &%^$& uniform!!!!!!!!!!!!!. My two days off reserve, I spend traveling, Just to get home for a few hours!!!!!!!!!!. Then it starts all over. It never ends or pays off. You will be stuck at a regional for the rest of your career, making the same pay as a ups truck driver. That’s the reality. I’m not trying to be negative, just to let you know this sucks. I wish I had really known what this was all about long ago, I wasted so much time and money!!!! Yeah we all love flying but when you can't afford to pay your meager bills and qualify for food stamps, you really begin to wonder. *#&# I cant even afford to pay rent!!!!!!!!!!!

Well got to go work on my real-estate license, to try to dig myself out of this hole. Normally I would not write something like this, but I’m so discouraged and fed up with this industry. Good luck......

Probably just as well. However, before you embark on your next career, do a little more research.

The life and pay of a pilot isn't exactly a state secret.

THUGLIFE said:
Well got to go work on my real-estate license, to try to dig myself out of this hole. Normally I would not write something like this, but I’m so discouraged and fed up with this industry. Good luck......

I heard that industry is starting to look like ours. Agents dropping their fees/commission to undercut the competition

THUGLIFE said:

Just in time for the housing bubble to burst. There's no free lunch anywhere. And I agree that we are underpaid, but it does get better second year at a decent regional.

mattaxelrod said:
Well, if you're not using your job anymore, can I have it?
THIS is EXACTLY the problem with our industry... When someone says "I've had enough, I'm not going to take it anymore!" There is always someone standing right behind them in line, bent over and willing to take their place, for the same (or less) crap wages and crappy work rules... All just to fly a shiny RJ... Hope these kids enjoy flying the RJ's, because that is probably what they will fly the rest of their career...

WAAAAA WAAAA WAAAA.....

Its a job, you don't like it leave, go be something else. This country is not communist last time I checked. O yeah, their will always be someone their to take the others job no matter what career you are in.... ITS A CAPITALIST COUNTRY AND THAT IS HOW IT WORKS!

Problems with wages, time off, etc... quitting will not solve these issues. Take a stand and change it rather than have those "new kids" attempt to pick up your slack and ineptness to change the pace of things.

"A Pilot's Career isn't about the destination... It's about the journey... For without the journey, the destination has no significance..." How significant is your journey worth is you quit without having the patience to see it through?

My mother has made 30K+ in the last 6 months just starting real-estate. Dad 168K one deal. I invest 400$ for a license, and make 1000k its worth it. Yeah the bubble is going to burst soon, I have nothing to loose.
I should have studied out the industry more before investing so much time and money. Just want to let others know what they are getting into.
I try to be a very positive person, I guess its what you make of it.
Mattexalrod, I’m sure you will be here with us soon, sounds like this is for you.
Just a bit frustrating to see you buddy, (who dropped out of college) selling cell phones and making 60k+ a year, and buying a house to see its value nearly double,as you sleep on his couch.

Currently behind life's power curve.

Perhaps "ThugLife" would be more suited to you? :)

Falcon Capt - While I understand what your saying - what do you expect those of us with no job to do? Sit there? I'm sure your first job may have replaced someone who gave the industry the finger...

Latest resources

Back