• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

This is terrible news for all minority applicants

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
First, this was a PROMOTION test. Not a hiring exam. Meaning anybody taking the test is already on-the-job. They should know most of the material, what to study and taken a prep course regardless of skin color. NOBODY should need free points, extra points or a different score to pass. This exam was for an LT, CAPT or higher slot. A leadership position and who wants a leader that doesn't know how or what to do in the middle of fighting a blaze.
That's like saying the FAA should make different standards for line checks, sim checks and the ATP based on a person's skin color. Yeah, that'll go over well with the paying public. Certain groups of people need to get off the crutch, learn your job, do your job, prepare and take exams like the rest of us.

Second, I am glad that this has happened. Maybe other departments for follow. I saw it for the last 20+ years with the FDNY. Hell, the N.J. State Police use to, and I am talking 20 years ago, require a white-male score 20 to 30 points higher while taking the hiring exam (first phase of five) for the job. A white-male's score was based on how many minorities actually took the exam that day. They did a head count and of course it was on the exam too. ALL other minority from a white-female down the long list had to score a flat 60% to move on to the next phase. That's just what I want out on the streets is a 60%er. Next will be added points for the PT tests that some jobs require. The fat guys will recieve extra points since they can not do push-ups, sit-ups and pull-ups as well as the guys who are fit.

Times are changing and maybe someday it'll be simple. I was wondering when this story first broke where the ACLU, Al Sharpton and the likes who fight for civil rights where? Oh wait, they were not around because it's not a story to benefit their cause. It would not generate much grease for the correct squeaky wheel.

Regarding this story, promote the firefighters that scored the highest on the exam (with no free points) and had the best annual evaluations into the positions tested for.

Last edited:
That's an ignorant statement. It's not a lazy issue, it's an ability issue. less then 3 percent have the IQ required for a management job and around 20 percent have an IQ in the mental retardation level. http://www.library.flawlesslogic.com/iq.htm of course Asians score the highest

How come we have a higher IQ that allows us to be better atheletes than white people?

Which website would that be?

Latest resources

Back