• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

This is terrible news for all minority applicants

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The tough thing about mangoes is the weird shaped pit. You really have to do some fancy cutting to get all of the fruit off.

Had a tasty pizza tonight - Hot Hawaiian. Chicken with barbecue, bacon bits, pineapple, cheese and jalopena. Yum - yum!

Mmm... Well I know what I'm having for dinner tonight!

Random question to everyone...has anyone else had sea urchin?

Their needs to be a fare way for us minorities to get a chance go get ahead. Affirmative action provides that chance. White people still get most of the jobs, so by giving us a preferential chance really doesn't hurt the majority.

It's called being qualified for the job.

Their needs to be a fare way for us minorities to get a chance go get ahead. Affirmative action provides that chance. White people still get most of the jobs, so by giving us a preferential chance really doesn't hurt the majority.

This is an honest question to all who seem to truly believe in Affirmative Action and consider it in any way fair. What I want to know is this: as long as Affirmative Action is around, how can a person of color ever be sure that they advanced on merit vs on preferential treatment? How can they ever be sure that however competent they are it's not Affirmative Action that got them ahead? And as long as they can't be sure, how is any hard-working person of color not tremendously offended by the concept? Does the very existence of Affirmative action not imply that minorities can't possibly advance on their own and need a crutch to carry them forward?

This is an honest question to all who seem to truly believe in Affirmative Action and consider it in any way fair. What I want to know is this: as long as Affirmative Action is around, how can a person of color ever be sure that they advanced on merit vs on preferential treatment? How can they ever be sure that however competent they are it's not Affirmative Action that got them ahead? And as long as they can't be sure, how is any hard-working person of color not tremendously offended by the concept? Does the very existence of Affirmative action not imply that minorities can't possibly advance on their own and need a crutch to carry them forward?

It's been said that affirmative action students placed into competitive colleges fare worse as they aren't prepared for certain academic rigors required to stay afloat. This in the end theoretically harms them in terms of esteem and so forth due to their relative deficiencies amongs those who gained entrance based upon merit.

AA perpetuates sterotypes and artifically eases restrictions while not truely addressing the core problem.

That is pure racism.....if you can't get it yourself...you can't have it. Why is it OK for minorities to sling racial crap like this. I'm sick of white folks walking on egg shells around these issues. There is no fare "fair" way that affirmative action works, you know it, but since it benefits you....you could care less.

I won't walk on egg shells. Blacks in general have not evolved very far from the monkey stage. (Granted there are some damn fine black people) However, if you go to a zoo and stare a monkey in the eye what happens? It goes ape $hit! Picks up crap throws it at you and wants to kill! Same principal here. If you look at most black males in the projects, even look at them in the eye, they will pick up a gun and shoot you dead. They will kill for a Colt 45 Beer, They will kill for a car that is not worth $100, they will kill when they rob a 7-11 for $40. True the majority of black males can run far faster than I could ever dream, but try to get them to balance a checkbook and they are lost. True most black me are stronger than I, they get that from working out in the yards while they are in prison. They run faster because they are running from cops and other gang members all the time! Now why in the world brown to the bone would I want to share a job with one of these types when they cant spell their name or pass an employment test? Monky and man were not meant to mix browntothebone! How is that for painting the difference between black and white? You think it is appropriate to post here? I don't!

I won't walk on egg shells. Blacks in general have not evolved very far from the monkey stage. (Granted there are some damn fine black people) However, if you go to a zoo and stare a monkey in the eye what happens? It goes ape $hit! Picks up crap throws it at you and wants to kill! Same principal here. If you look at most black males in the projects, even look at them in the eye, they will pick up a gun and shoot you dead. They will kill for a Colt 45 Beer, They will kill for a car that is not worth $100, they will kill when they rob a 7-11 for $40. True the majority of black males can run far faster than I could ever dream, but try to get them to balance a checkbook and they are lost. True most black me are stronger than I, they get that from working out in the yards while they are in prison. They run faster because they are running from cops and other gang members all the time! Now why in the world brown to the bone would I want to share a job with one of these types when they cant spell their name or pass an employment test? Monky and man were not meant to mix browntothebone! How is that for painting the difference between black and white? You think it is appropriate to post here? I don't!

Wow... tell us how you really feel... :eek:

Actually, there's a more historically scientific reason that Blacks on average are more physically fit than others in America. It has to do with the breeding arrangements during times of slavery. Those who were more fit were choosen or allowed to mate. This allowed the strongest to work the fields.

The revese is true in terms of education and intelligence. America kept the Black man down educationally for many years. This is what happens when you treat a race in such a deplorable way. The crimes one perceives on Whites is what one might call karma. It's what America's ancestors sowed for the current generation to reap.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back