• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

They are selling like NOT cakes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
actually, Im happiest when Im uncurrent in BOTH.

and no....last I heard, 7Xs are selling at a record for Dassault. currently more than 100 sold.

Im no Falcon fan - but thats what they pay me to fly. So I wont bitch about the schitty brakes, underpowered engines, no TRs, small cabins, etc...

as far as the GLEX....check the G6XX - immitation is the sincerest form of flattery...only 7 years late boys.

gulfsteams - yeah, real sweet in the 80's

(you old farts)

:)

The 80's?

Isn't the dispatch reliability of a Global, around 80%
Or is that the total number of Globals built
Or was that the number of G5's flying before the first Global got off the ground.
Or could that be the total number of spares required by Bombardier for an operator to have on hand to keep their dispatch rate in double digits.

Oh, you make it too easy

Last edited:
I like that "comparable" number....reads "smaller" to me (and the execs buying it)

and Oh my...

the next thing out of Gulfstream will be a cabin similar to the Globals and be fly by wire like Dassault?...whoa....and I made this TOO EASY?

I guess you are just going to retire then G4G5...Ya know...airplanes with that newfangled fly-by-wire just aren't safe!

You guys are shot - not only is your beloved GULFSTREAM copying Globals for cabins but is now copying the FRENCH with fly-by-wire.

Too bad! - you guys were really revolutionary in the early 80's with that slick G4.

fly-by-wire - time to hang it up gramps! - "mature"....shiit, soon you guys will be pushing each other around in wheechairs talking about that "G4" (deep voice) ya flew back in the days...

:) ;)

Last edited:
It cracks me up. Look at it this way, they are still kicking the competitions arse with a cabin that was designed almost 50 years ago, what happens when the competition has to compete with a new design?

I lived through the Brake BW on the G4's and watched how they handled the first batch of aircraft. Then I lived throught the dual hyd pump mess of the G5's.

Just like the 7x, I want NO PART of the first 100 or so Gulfstream FBW's. Let the heros get the discounted price. I will wait until cert E or F.

Last edited:
I like that "comparable" number....reads "smaller" to me (and the execs buying it)

Bombardier and Gulfstream allocate space differently - typical baggage space on a GX is 175 cu. ft, while all GV's and derivatives have at least 226 cu. ft. So maybe, as you say, the Global is a better aircraft for a large exec on a day trip to a destination such as Bradley which has a Bombardier Service Center.

and Oh my...

You guys are shot - not only is your beloved GULFSTREAM copying Globals for cabins but is now copying the FRENCH with fly-by-wire.

Actually, Gulfstream is not copying anyone. Unlike the Dassault system which was ported from an ejection seat equipped fighter, the Gulfstream Fly-By-Wire system was independently developed by Gulfstream scientists and engineers for use on transport category aircraft. It offers a level of reliability and redundancy not found on the French product and it has already been successfully flown.

The French, as you might recall, are not reticent to put flight control systems on their aircraft that have features which can have tragic results.

Remember the 9/15/99 Falcon 900 mishap that killed Greek Deputy Foreign Minister Yiannos Kranidiotis and six of his cabinet.The aircraft cabin was virtually destroyed during a bizarre 24-sec excursion well beyond the aircraft’s published maneuvering load factor limitations when the Falcon 900B experienced 10 extremely violent short-period pitch oscillations.

The same failure occured a few months later in an Amway Falcon resulting in injuries that permanently disabled the flight attendant.

G4G5 said:
I lived through the Brake BW on the G4's and watched how they handled the first batch of aircraft. Then I lived throught the dual hyd pump mess of the G5's.

Yeah, alright. I brought the first GIV home to Andrews AFB and it was sort of interesting responding to a question from a Four-Star which could be summarized as "So you bought an aircraft that has the potential to neither be able to steer nor stop, is that right?"

Fortunately, that never occured. We never even encountered "Bang-Bang Braking"

In all fairness, the Dual Hydraulic Pump issue was more the result of local maintenance procedures than design problems, but it wasn't politic to point that out. Gulfstream developed a hydraulic system with a canted reservoir, accumulator and Abex pumps that was more tolerant of customer maintenance practices which it offered free to GV owners. There were many aircraft, such as sn. 536, which had the original Vickers pumps still installed when they brought the aircraft to Savannah for the free exchange.

GV

This pissing fest is about as redundant as a red state blue state, Fox news vs. CNN diatribe. Can't we all just get along? Time to get out of the Marriott and be thankful you aren't flying an E/CRJ with a value meal stuffed into your flight bag.

This pissing fest is about as redundant as a red state blue state, Fox news vs. CNN diatribe. Can't we all just get along? Time to get out of the Marriott and be thankful you aren't flying an E/CRJ with a value meal stuffed into your flight bag.

Gulfstream 200 started it.

Besides, this stuff is more fun to watch than a lot of subjects that are posted on the Corporate board.

Just my two cents: the pilots in my department wanted a GV, the suits bought a Global, in part, because they got a deal.

The French, as you might recall, are not reticent to put flight control systems on their aircraft that have features which can have tragic results.

Remember the 9/15/99 Falcon 900 mishap that killed Greek Deputy Foreign Minister Yiannos Kranidiotis and six of his cabinet.The aircraft cabin was virtually destroyed during a bizarre 24-sec excursion well beyond the aircraft’s published maneuvering load factor limitations when the Falcon 900B experienced 10 extremely violent short-period pitch oscillations.

The same failure occured a few months later in an Amway Falcon resulting in injuries that permanently disabled the flight attendant.
Were those tradgedies caused by a system malfunction or improper use of the autopilot?

un...K...G200 started this? not sure bout that..

anyhow - I dont do Marriotts, Regional jets or brown bag lunches.....think I got it covered.

and I would certainly quit aviation in a second if I had to fly a regional jet for a living. My guess is thats a common ground with me,GVFlyer, G4G5 and just about ayone else here...

even a one airplane ratty G4 gig with crusty old school corp gulfstream pilots is better than that.

PS - Fox news is OK but thier website is simply pathetic.

Last edited:
Were those tradgedies caused by a system malfunction or improper use of the autopilot?

oh no definitly a Dassault cover-up that would have never happened on a gulfstream

I also think that a Falcon would have never run off the runway on takeoff in Chicago a few years back. Definite Gulfstream steering problem. Most likely that new fangled fly by wire thing.

Remember that nifty G5 in PBI that put the gear throught the wings on touchdown? definitly a Gulfstream design error.

(or maybe these were just stupid gulfstream pilot tricks?)

remember...."comparable" means "smaller" and Gulfsteam measures things "different" than other manufacturers....right?

me things GV flyers database of cut and paste salesman bullshat is running thin!

copying the French with fly-by-wire!!!!!! - 5 years later...

GVFlyer, now thats the ultimate.

;)

Last edited:

In both cases it was the [SIZE=-1]Arthur Q units (which is an artificial feel system) that caused the mishap. This is ironic in that it was pilots that caused this system to be installed. Early Falcon pilots thought that the airplane was too light on the controls and petitioned Dassault to do something about it. Their response was the Arthur Q system.

There is no similar system on a Gulfstream. Gulfstream flight controls are unique among large aircraft in that not only can the jet be flown with jammed flight controls and hydraulic hardovers, but also with a complete hydraulic failure.

GV
[/SIZE]

Latest resources

Back