They are selling like NOT cakes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

G4G5

Looks like Dassault is having a some problems selling the new 7x. Wasn't Santulli's last major purchase the Hawker 1000?

NetJets Europe To Nest 24 Falcon 7Xs[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
NetJets Europe has placed a “historic” $1.1 billion order for 24 Dassault Falcon 7Xs scheduled for delivery between the first quarter of 2008 through 2014. NetJets chairman and CEO Richard Santulli said the transaction, signed in Paris this morning with Dassault Aviation chairman and CEO Charles Edelstenne, is the “largest business jet order in European history and the second largest order ever” in terms of billings. Edelstenne confirmed it is Dassault’s largest-ever private jet sale. The NetJets Europe order raises the Falcon 7X order book to 116 aircraft. Santulli said the order will “increase significantly NetJets Europe’s current 20-percent share of the European ultra-long-range market.” Its European-based fleet will reach 122 aircraft by year-end, he said. The company had just 14 jets based in Europe in 2002. Certification of Dassault’s latest Falcon is due in the first quarter of next year and the next available delivery slot is in the second half of 2010.
[/FONT]

If orders were flying off the line their is NO WAY he would have been able to get a deal on 24 aircraft. From fly by wire to fly by loser, in a heart beat.

You just HAD to post this, didn't you? Now, G200 will need therapy for his shattered self esteem. :D TC

P.S.--You close to HPN? I think we're going to start going there instead of EWR.

You just HAD to post this, didn't you? Now, G200 will need therapy for his shattered self esteem. :D TC

P.S.--You close to HPN? I think we're going to start going there instead of EWR.

Nah, no way G200 will ever be a French fan. He's just playing nice. Truth is, if he aint in the GLEX he's not happy. Am I lying?????????? Didn't think so. :rolleyes:

Nah, no way G200 will ever be a French fan. He's just playing nice. Truth is, if he aint in the GLEX he's not happy. Am I lying?????????? Didn't think so. :rolleyes:

actually, Im happiest when Im uncurrent in BOTH.

and no....last I heard, 7Xs are selling at a record for Dassault. currently more than 100 sold.

Im no Falcon fan - but thats what they pay me to fly. So I wont bitch about the schitty brakes, underpowered engines, no TRs, small cabins, etc...

as far as the GLEX....check the G6XX - immitation is the sincerest form of flattery...only 7 years late boys.

gulfsteams - yeah, real sweet in the 80's

(you old farts)

:)

Last edited:
Want to really blow your hair back?

Why does NJE need all those globetrotting airplanes? What will that mean to all the international operations hapening on this side of the pond?

as far as the GLEX....check the G6XX - immitation is the sincerest form of flattery...only 7 years late boys.

gulfsteams - yeah, real sweet in the 80's

:)

C'mon G200, you know better than this.

Buyers have voted with their their wallets. Even though Bombardier will make significant discounts on their product and Gulfstream will not, the FAA has registered only 123 Global Excesses and Global Excuse XRS's while registering 308 GV's, G500 and G550's.

While Bombardier is on life support and surviving only on the basis of a Canadian government bailout engineered by Paul Tellier on his way out from the Chairmanship, Gulfstream has begun a $300 million dollar 7 year expansion to meet demand while announcing their intention to hire 1,000 more employees.

While Bombardier customer support is notorious, Gulfstream Customer Support has again been voted #1 by the readers of "Professional Pilot" and remains the only manufacturer to offer Airborne Product Support.

The G550 cabin size (43'11"x6'2"x7'4") is comparable to the Global Express XRS (43'2"x6'3"x8'2"); the next Gulfstream will be wider than the Globals and will feature fly-by-wire technology.

When compared to the G550, the Global Express XRS burns 3,675 pounds more fuel to carry 1,300 pounds less payload 425 nautical miles less distance than the Gulfstream. Nice numbers.

The XRS is somewhat of a pig as well. Although the airplane weighs 98,000 pounds, it has only 29,500 pounds of thrust. The 91,000 pound G550 sports 30,770 pounds of thrust.

You could be right about the Gulfstream being a better airplane for more mature pilots, however. The 40 plus set who might be squinting to see the tiny 8 inch displays on the Global Express XRS would have no problem seeing the 14.1 inch full color, active matrix LCD displays on the Gulfstream.

GV ;)

Latest resources

Back