• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

They are selling like NOT cakes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
In a previous aircraft I flew you could hold down the pitch synch. It would disconnect the A/P pitch while you pushed or pulled the yoke to a desired pitch attitude.

I've flown a few planes like that.. Its called TCS (Touch Control Steering). I still think it was inproper autopilot use... Ive flown the aircraft with the "Q" stuck in the low speed mode... I would like to know what the checklist said before the A.D came out about the speed restriction... There is an "Arthur Q" anunciator light on the panel that illuminates when there is a disagreement between airspeed and the position of the Q. If it had failed the pilots should have known about it... And if the light was on.... And there was no procedure in the checklist at that time for it... Common sense should have taken over... Hmmm flight control problem.??? Maybe I shouldn't descend at 355 kts...

Last edited:
In a previous aircraft I flew you could hold down the pitch synch. It would disconnect the A/P pitch while you pushed or pulled the yoke to a desired pitch attitude.
I used to fly a piston twin with that feature. It worked great.

Latest resources

Back