Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
EC quote:

"Scope: All flying will be from CHQ pilots list

Comp: 4 year deal 5 year pay rate Avg 7.5 increase, 4% signing bonus, rates higer than everyone but Horizon and ComAir. 100% line guarentee provided 98.5 completion factor, 75% deadhead pay, PerDiem 1.45

9 month max until PBS system
Defined rules for displacment and Reserve"

Sounds good to me and we'll have to wait to see the rest in a few hours if you have nothing better to do on a Friday night like myself.

For those who are wondering.....

"PBS system" = Preferential Bid System

Lazy8s

Hopefully all of the furloughs will be back in November for sure. I am planning on making some calls on Monday to see what's going on. I talked to a fellow furloughee and he talked to G.S. in the training department. He said that he was assuming that all the furloughs will be back in November. This was said before today's announcement so we'll see what happens.

Re: EC quote:

reject007 said:
"Scope: All flying will be from CHQ pilots list

Comp: 4 year deal 5 year pay rate Avg 7.5 increase, 4% signing bonus, rates higer than everyone but Horizon and ComAir. 100% line guarentee provided 98.5 completion factor, 75% deadhead pay, PerDiem 1.45

9 month max until PBS system
Defined rules for displacment and Reserve"

Sounds good to me and we'll have to wait to see the rest in a few hours if you have nothing better to do on a Friday night like myself.

Hmm...you're bragging about being in 3rd place?

$1.45 per diem? Do you eat less than an AA or UAL crew? They are on the low end now at $1.75ish. Comair is at $1.65 this year and it increases next year to $1.70 or $1.75.

75% deadhead? So when travelling on company business you shouldn't be paid your book rate? C'mon. 100% deadhead, whether it is air or ground. Had that at COEX for years.

4% signing bonus? What about retroactive pay back to the amendable date? Or are you guys going to enjoy the fact that the company earned interest off of your hard earned dollars this past year or 2.

100% line guarantee IF you there is a 98.5% completion factor? Why should the company NOT pay you what you were awarded simply because of ATC/MX cancellations, etc. Had that at COEX (within 2.5 hours of line guarantee for transition adjustments) for years. Gee, cancel a flight.....sit in the crew room for 5 hours...and NOT be paid for it.

The 4 year deal and the Scope (binding the holding company) are the only high points in my mind...and not going backwards at least. Frankly.....I think this TA is hardly earth shattering but I will wait to see the details. It seems to be **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** close to current industry average. $25,000 per year for an FO is abysmal. Even first year. Banking on upgrading in 2 years is not the right way to approach this...ask the 6th year FO's at COEX right now. A liveable wage for an FO (with a family) is critical. Heck, even $65/hour is a joke for a Captain on a $20mm airplane.

Those of you guys who are "hooray'ing" the IBT and poo poo'ing ALPA lack the insight to realize that the individual people who negotiate are what is important and not the national union itself. Sure, ALPA has a nice toolbox...the people who insult ALPA also don't realize how ALPA works. If you have gripes with ALPA, complain to your MEC. From what I can tell, ALPA is giving my airline 110% support. Heck, the Director of Representation for ALPA is my "regional" airline's lawyer. How is that for support?

GJ

PS - I will wait for the details too and none of this is to take away from the hard work of your EC and NC.

PPS - I wouldn't brag about PBS either. It is nice...but not going to earn you any extra money...rather - it saves the company money.

George Jetson - This isn't CoEX.

The EC worked their tails off trying to get this completed for us. I knew it was just a matter of time until someone came on here and bashed the TA. Im sure when we see the details it will look just fine.

This is an opportunity for CHQ to stop this BS of going nowhere and start GROWING again like we used to. From March-May we hired/trained the most pilots in our history. I want to see those days back.

GFunk20 said:
George Jetson - This isn't CoEX.

The EC worked their tails off trying to get this completed for us. I knew it was just a matter of time until someone came on here and bashed the TA. Im sure when we see the details it will look just fine.

This is an opportunity for CHQ to stop this BS of going nowhere and start GROWING again like we used to. From March-May we hired/trained the most pilots in our history. I want to see those days back.

No personal attacks were made EmbraerDriver.... so no reason to call me a "jerkoff." What place are we in? Middle of the road...until we sign our TA. I can guarantee that.

You want to grow at the expense of attaining a contract befitting of the type of flying (mainline type flying) that your company has grown to become. Interesting rationalization.

Furthermore, you'll note that I did say that my comments do NOT take away from the hard work and dedication of the people who did the work on this process for you.

GJ

Jetson,

I'm so glad Coex has "had this stuff for years." Good for you.

The goal of our TA is to give the pilot group with something better than we had, plus continue to be marketable for new business. We do not intend to price ourselves out of the market.

2006 and the end of your contract with Continental is not too far away. Before long, someone may be saying, "we've had Coex's former business for years..."

JERKOFF- you should just keep your mouth shut. Nobody needs your negative BS!
And by the way this IS a personal attack-JERKOFF!!

Latest resources

Back