• Watchers 46

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
MemTrash said:
George, I've flown (several years ago) with you and learned a lot from you. You were talking up the age 60 deal back then too. It just isn't going to happen for you. Too bad that a guy like you with so much to offer would end up in 3% group. Now if we are in the same place or run into each other somewhere in the world I can't hang out with you. You are dead weight to 97% of the guys you work with. Even if you are right in everything you say and ALPA is evil and the undoing of the airline industry there is no way I'd end my career being thought of by the crewforce as a scab. I hope the extra 1.5% pay is worth being left out and having your co workers hoping your last day will be soon. Too bad man I hope I don't end up bitter.
It's never too late to change. Hopefully you are not still making the FOs build little pink lines to the ground while you are flying downwind.

We all make choices. It was the pathetic ALPA education campaign on the age 60 issue, talk about unbalanced, that made me decide to withdraw my membership. Now if Congress passes the change I guess I would have to reconsider my membership status. I'm not angry or bitter towards anyone. Just can't support an organization that is working so hard against the interest of a large percentage of the crew force at FedEx. I still enjoy the people I work with, never bring up issues, and have no problem with eating alone. :) Yes, I still like those magenta lines.

FoxHunter said:
It was the pathetic ALPA education campaign on the age 60 issue, talk about unbalanced, that made me decide to withdraw my membership.

You're the one who is pathetic. You only think it was unbalanced because it didn't turn out how you wanted it to. Please do not ask to rejoin ALPA. We don't need people who take their ball and go home every time an issue doesn't go their way. Dissenting opinions are great. Find some like minded people and get things changed. You just say "Wah, wah wah, ALPA won't back changing the age 60 rule. I quit!" PATHETIC!!

The majority (large in my opinion) of FedEx pilots does not want age 60 to change. Prove that is not true.

fr8doggie said:
You're the one who is pathetic. You only think it was unbalanced because it didn't turn out how you wanted it to. Please do not ask to rejoin ALPA. We don't need people who take their ball and go home every time an issue doesn't go their way. Dissenting opinions are great. Find some like minded people and get things changed. You just say "Wah, wah wah, ALPA won't back changing the age 60 rule. I quit!" PATHETIC!!

The majority (large in my opinion) of FedEx pilots does not want age 60 to change. Prove that is not true.

The campaign had all the balance that you would expect if WAL-MART management conducted a union drive. No, I quit before the outcome. In any case any poll can result can be slanted by the way the question is asked. One third of the FedEx pilots were over age 50 last year. I've found that 90% of those I asked about flying past age 60 would if they had a chance. Not the PC answer in the crew room. Enjoy the rest of the evening, I will.:)

Swaayze said:
Wrong. Maybe against the interest of his union backed compensation.....

You're right, I should have said his PROFESSION and his FELLOW PILOTS best interests. I guess I wasn't talking about the independently wealthy guys who do the job as a hobby.

Fox,

It doesn't matter how many people you ask at FedEx about flying past 60. We voted on the issue and the results were plain. If anything, they were fixed the other direction by not allowing probation guys to vote. If the vote turned out the other way, I wouldn't have liked it, but I wouldn't have quit. Sorry to say this, but you're just flat out selfish.

Selfish is right..Foxhunter benefitted from the age 60 rule for his upgrade..even if it was 80 yrs ago..now he wants to screw the younger guys and delay their upgrade while penalizing pilots who want to retire at 60 with possible penalties..noone talks to him anyway...i could understand his view if he was at an airline that trashed their retirement...but the only reason he wants to keep flying is that the longer he flies the longer the ex does not get his retirement $...SELFISH IS RIGHT

CaptainMark said:
...but the only reason he wants to keep flying is that the longer he flies the longer the ex does not get his retirement

We had over 60 FEs at United that did it for that reason.
Doesn't FedEx still have some aircraft with FEs? Can't he go back to the FE seat?

I don't know what ya'll are getting so upset about. Let's say this dog does pass in congress. The way the FAA moves, by the time they figure out what kind of medical qualifications they want someone to have to fly past 60, we'll all be sipping Jim Beam in our rocking chairs anyway.

CaptainMark said:
Yes...dc-10 and 72s..but he has ego problems as well...

That's what I figured on both counts.
Sounds like he could be as rich as Bill Gates, as muscular as Aaahnold S, married to Morgan Fairchild (gawd, I loved Jon Lovitz's SNL skit), have the nicest house in the world, and still be unhappy. What a miserable way to go through life.

Latest resources

Back