• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The real plan mgmt has for the future at Pinnacle

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I wouldn't doubt you were put on ICE because of the purchase. I'm sure it was shared with the NMB way before the official announcement. I also know the pain of your company purchasing another airline during negotiations. It's confusing, and totally shifts focus in negotiations.

Over the years of "the Avros are leaving" we had 5 a/c taken out of service only to be brought back 4 months later. Three domiciles being shut down shook up the seniority list. The "were getting 15 CRJs from the factory....NOT" year caused our third round of downgrades and furloughs. Then we went into a sham BK and forced to take concessions on a contract that we spent 5 years of negotiations on. Only to explode in growth for 1 1/2 years, then a massive reduction, and our fifth round of furloughs. Then we get purchased....

Our guys have felt a lot of pain over the years while 9E was expanding. During all of this though, we stuck together. Actually became a stronger group because of it. If we (all 3 groups) can come together on this, we (XJ guys) can really help out. But this infighting seems to be a 9E culture. So far I have not felt welcomed into this integration, instead I'm told how I'm screwed and that everything is going to fail. As an Ex military guy, I would tell you this lack of moral, and esprit de corp, will be our demise. I would also say the military would say the problem starts with leadership. The multiple changes in leadership and recall talk have undermined your solidarity.

Now the question is... Can we come together and succeed? I say "yes." but we must come together, or we will go nowhere.

Reread on "ice"... The night before the announcement we were first informed of the purchase, earlier that afternoon we were put on "ice". It was a 1:2 punch on the group. I never have and never will blame "ice" on the purchase, but I will say it is a contributing factor towards the current mentality of the pilots.

I wouldn't doubt you were put on ICE because of the purchase. I'm sure it was shared with the NMB way before the official announcement. I also know the pain of your company purchasing another airline during negotiations. It's confusing, and totally shifts focus in negotiations.

Over the years of "the Avros are leaving" we had 5 a/c taken out of service only to be brought back 4 months later. Three domiciles being shut down shook up the seniority list. The "were getting 15 CRJs from the factory....NOT" year caused our third round of downgrades and furloughs. Then we went into a sham BK and forced to take concessions on a contract that we spent 5 years of negotiations on. Only to explode in growth for 1 1/2 years, then a massive reduction, and our fifth round of furloughs. Then we get purchased....

Our guys have felt a lot of pain over the years while 9E was expanding. During all of this though, we stuck together. Actually became a stronger group because of it. If we (all 3 groups) can come together on this, we (XJ guys) can really help out. But this infighting seems to be a 9E culture. So far I have not felt welcomed into this integration, instead I'm told how I'm screwed and that everything is going to fail. As an Ex military guy, I would tell you this lack of moral, and esprit de corp, will be our demise. I would also say the military would say the problem starts with leadership. The multiple changes in leadership and recall talk have undermined your solidarity.

Now the question is... Can we come together and succeed? I say "yes." but we must come together, or we will go nowhere.

I have been reading your post's and you seem to be coming to conclusions about 9E pilots based on 2-3 pilots that post here on FI, remember where you are posting for Gods Sake, you are on FLIGHTINFO.COM. What you read from a couple of Pinnacle pilots is NOT how the 98% of the MAJORITY here at 9E feel. I along with everyone I have talked to here hope that this deal gets done, and we have a fair SLI...I personally am sorry that you have not felt welcomed in this "integration", but please stop putting all of us 9E pilots in the same group as the two or three that are outspoken on FI..

I have been reading your post's and you seem to be coming to conclusions about 9E pilots based on 2-3 pilots that post here on FI, remember where you are posting for Gods Sake, you are on FLIGHTINFO.COM. What you read from a couple of Pinnacle pilots is NOT how the 98% of the MAJORITY here at 9E feel. I along with everyone I have talked to here hope that this deal gets done, and we have a fair SLI...I personally am sorry that you have not felt welcomed in this "integration", but please stop putting all of us 9E pilots in the same group as the two or three that are outspoken on FI..

Nope, I have talked to probably a total of 2 other Pinnacle pilots in real life. They are the exact same way. You are screwed, that's all I hear.

If I was only getting the info from FI you would be correct. Unfortunately, I've heard it from friends at Comair that have carried 9E pilots, I've heard it directly on the crew bus in MEM, and I've had a VERY brazen FO try to spew this type of info on a hour long commute to MEM. Im sure it is not everyones feeling over there, but the majority of the people I have had some sort of communications with, has had a negative comment of this asset transfer.

I will give cudos though to 1 9E FO, who bought my coffee at Starbucks. After a short conversation, he offered to buy mine, and stated that no one else is going to bring this company together, so we better do it ourselves. I told him that his gesture was appreciated, but let me buy both instead. He refused, and paid for both. If I ever see him again, I'm buying lunch.... Beer if it's on an overnight.

Well, if its true and you believe them, than you are just as stupid as they are!!

Where did I say I believed them? I am just telling you that there is nothing but negativity and anger directed at the Mesaba pilots from the Pinnacle pilots. And now there is another example right here.

Ok, here is my 2 cents from a long time Mesaba guy.

First off, Pinnacle has not layed down or failed in the fight. Remember they voted down a TA after 5 years of negotiations. If they layed down that TA would of passed.

Second, Pinnacle management group is not tougher, meaner, more devious than Mesaba's management group. Pinnacle management group is just different. They have different tactics and strategies.

Third, more than half of our list (which is a May 07 hire date) has not seen any sort of negotations before. Our list holds 1107 pilots, more than 550 pilots are 3 years or less and have not seen as much as they have heard on the line. So if you are one of those pilots throwing stones at the 9E guys....please stop. Quite frankly you don't have a right.

Fourth, If we can work all this out I look forward to flying with my fellow Pinnacle, Mesaba, and Colgan brothers and sisters. Please stop the hate and focus on moving forward and not on "whose fault it is"

Ok, here is my 2 cents from a long time Mesaba guy.

First off, Pinnacle has not layed down or failed in the fight. Remember they voted down a TA after 5 years of negotiations. If they layed down that TA would of passed.

Second, Pinnacle management group is not tougher, meaner, more devious than Mesaba's management group. Pinnacle management group is just different. They have different tactics and strategies.

Third, more than half of our list (which is a May 07 hire date) has not seen any sort of negotations before. Our list holds 1107 pilots, more than 550 pilots are 3 years or less and have not seen as much as they have heard on the line. So if you are one of those pilots throwing stones at the 9E guys....please stop. Quite frankly you don't have a right.

Fourth, If we can work all this out I look forward to flying with my fellow Pinnacle, Mesaba, and Colgan brothers and sisters. Please stop the hate and focus on moving forward and not on "whose fault it is"

That is the best post about this matter i have seen since the day of the purchase. You are 100% dead right. I hope somehow we get some good news tomorrow. If not, then we will deal with what ever comes next.

Latest resources

Back