• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The real plan mgmt has for the future at Pinnacle

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yes, they are optimistic it will be done...soon. But they are DETERMINED to do it correctly. That is more important do me than a couple of days.

Doesn't seem that the problems lay with the detail work. The problem is that PNCL executives are a bunch of cheap a-holes. Most of the financial and big work rule issues are still open. Doesn't that tell you something?

Doesn't seem that the problems lay with the detail work. The problem is that PNCL executives are a bunch of cheap a-holes. Most of the financial and big work rule issues are still open. Doesn't that tell you something?
Those are the last item negotiated in ANY contract.

Some sections bogged them down
ie. Section 1 (specifically scoping out a 3rd party "Corp")
Training and Testing Section (specifically who's doing the training "contract or inhouse")
There were a lot of new concepts to your past negotiations and foriegn to mgmt, which we (XJ JCBA negotiators) were going to be unwaivering on.

What do you guys want? Do you want the JCBA to fail? Or will you be unhappy no matter what?

These volunteers have done an OUTSTANDING job given the short time frame. They are close and I believe we all will be happy with the outcome. Please support them and let them finish.

I still stand by my earlier statement, "It will be done when it's done." Mgmt. wants it done as much or more than we do, and there will be SERIOUS finacial repercussions if it is not done....and soon.

There were a lot of new concepts to your past negotiations and foriegn to mgmt, which we (XJ JCBA negotiators) were going to be unwaivering on.

You do realize that Mesaba management is at the table, right? Seems that if you're negotiators are going to be "unwavering" on certain issues that these negotiations may extend out for a very long time. I wouldn't anticipate that PNCL executives won't wait for this deal forever.

...there will be SERIOUS finacial repercussions if it is not done....and soon.

Serious repercussions for who?

I feel sorry for the pessimists. Your defeatist attitudes have got to spill over to your crew, passengers, and families. I hope that at some point you regain your interest in bettering yourselves and this industry.

You do realize that Mesaba management is at the table, right? Seems that if you're negotiators are going to be "unwavering" on certain issues that these negotiations may extend out for a very long time. I wouldn't anticipate that PNCL executives won't wait for this deal forever.
Would you rather they fold and give in just to get a TA?

Serious repercussions for who?
Well if it causes Corp to lose flying, than I guess for everyone. You can't "STFD" without causing pilots to lose out either. So, I would say you need to choose your battles, and be willing to pay the price.

I feel sorry for the pessimists. Your defeatist attitudes have got to spill over to your crew, passengers, and families. I hope that at some point you regain your interest in bettering yourselves and this industry.

It's not defeatist. It's actually the contrary, despite most peoples conspiracy theories. I can understand your lack of urgency since your XJ contract is not too bad, but for us it's been 3-6 years. Most 9E pilots recognize the futility of these negotiations, and their likely reason is just to delay things until the holidays are over. Most 9E pilots are yelling at the MEC to get picketing events planned before the holidays for maximum effect, as well as getting back to our own negotiations. It may be in our interest to agree to what was achieved during the last mediated sessions, (which for the most part are superior to the XJ contract), since we already are negotiating a JCBA anyway that will soon override it.

Latest resources

Back