• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The real plan mgmt has for the future at Pinnacle

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This is exactly what the Corp wants. The MEC's, at least publicly, think that there will be a JCBA and are willing to negotiate, negotiate, and negotiate some more no matter how long it takes. As long as there is "some progress being made", they will continue. Meanwhile over the next 6 months Corp finalizes their master plan to merge XJ and 9L and transfer CRJ's to 9E, withdraws from the Process Agreement (which prevents transfer of A/C) and executes their plan.

Corp delays 9E negotiations for a year, saves tons of money, and we all get played like a fiddle. 9E pilots still won't have a contract, and XJ will be fighting the merger/fragmentation on their own (SE and AV told an XJ furlough last night on the call that if A/C transfers start, 9E ALPA can't do anything about it and their priority is to protect 9E pilots).

My question is.. when are people going to stop playing a game that is so blatantly rigged against the players?

When is it time to turn over the table?

When is it time to turn over the table?
With ALPA at the helm??? Sorry guys, the union has MUCH more to lose (in their eyes) than the pilots do...they won't be advocating anything remotely close to a perceived "job action"

I truly do feel sorry for you guys, I know a few pilots at 9E and XJ. But Mr. Spackler is dead-nuts-on. ALPA, as usual, is just along for the ride at this point.

Don't forget to get those dues in on time!

There is a reason they were being overly "easy going" on the conference call about negotiating with the company. After the negotiations get called off in January so the company can start transferring airplanes, the 9E union will eventually petition the NMB to be released again. In order to be released, the union needs to show they were making every effort to negotiate in good faith.

For the record... The Union is doing EVERYTHING (legally) possible to get a contract. The JCBA is what would be best for 9E and the profession, but in the end the 9E pilots need a contract NOW regardless of it's in the form of a JCBA or "TA2". Enough is Enough! The union cannot and will not condone an (illegal if proved) ASA type "safety campaign". I will do almost anything for the group but going to jail and ruining my career to advocate such measures STILL wouldn't guarantee a deal. The pilots are the union and it's been a couple years since everyone has even had the opportunity to stand together against the company's actions. Long overdue in my opinion. Picketing may not make the company weak in the knees and sign a deal but it WILL show them that we are done with "Games" and our pilots will see that we are all in this together. The fracture needs to be mended, this is a good way to start the repair process.

For the record... The Union is doing EVERYTHING (legally) possible to get a contract. The JCBA is what would be best for 9E and the profession, but in the end the 9E pilots need a contract NOW regardless of it's in the form of a JCBA or "TA2". Enough is Enough! The union cannot and will not condone an (illegal if proved) ASA type "safety campaign". I will do almost anything for the group but going to jail and ruining my career to advocate such measures STILL wouldn't guarantee a deal. The pilots are the union and it's been a couple years since everyone has even had the opportunity to stand together against the company's actions. Long overdue in my opinion. Picketing may not make the company weak in the knees and sign a deal but it WILL show them that we are done with "Games" and our pilots will see that we are all in this together. The fracture needs to be mended, this is a good way to start the repair process.

Your right, it would be a good start. I hope it works. Because in my OPINION, and only my opinion, it seems that the Pinnacle pilots are very divided.

Dear lord, the more I read this garbage the more I think putting up with commuting to a turboprop at Colgan (lets not fool ourselves, that is what management plans to do, simply keep Colgan but with Mesaba's name til the next crash) is better than living with the BS that the Pinnacle guys have resigned to accepting...

Latest resources

Back