• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The real plan mgmt has for the future at Pinnacle

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
About the training center in MSP, I have recently heard (don't qoute me on it) that Pinnacle is going to try to keep it going, instead of bringing everything to MEM. I personally would love that, instead of going to MEM every six months.
Come on up... I'm buying!!

That is not the scenario. It would be a steady number of planes per month, and 9E could easily utilize simspace in YUL and STL to make it happen. A gradual draw down would avoid any mass exodus, and having 4th year 9E scale captains would quickly recoup any costs versus paying more senior pilots on the XJ scale, as well as provide a staffing source for the additional Q400's next year.

Spoken like a guy who cannot wait for that 900 CA position. Hey buddy, the training costs are the same no matter how far you spread it out and a slow transition would not make mesaba pilots change their mind about going. Not to mention when this would all occur is right when the retirements at the majors will start and it only took Mesaba a few short months to get desperate for pilots when it was trying to grow.

So what you are saying, Pinnacle corp will be taking delivery of 15 Q400's with options for 40 more all the while trying to find replacements for pilots like me who would rather leave than be stapled and offered a job? Now that is a lot of pilots to find with a crappy contract and airlines like republic, skywest and ASA are hiring. Not to mention our union has said there are provisions in our contract that will make such actions very hard to accomplish-

Your far fetched possibility is a far fetched fantasy at best, and best quantified as a "game."

Unity is DEFINITELY needed here, but it comes with levels. My trust and loyalty comes in this order...
1.) God
2.) Family
3.) Friends/XJ coworkers/ XJ Union
3.a) 9E/9L Union
3.b) All other airline unions/ industry
4.) Passengers
5.) The Government
5.a) The FAA
6.) My Company

I expect 3 and 3.a to merge with the JCBA/SLI. And I would expect your list to not be too different in the top 4.

HA...I have nothing but respect for everyone of your priorities...however mine lie nowhere within the 9E management group or the union...I have been beaten to a bloody pulp with lies and banter from both of them for all the years I have been here...maybe thats where the problem lies..most of us are out here for a crappy paycheck and a chance to get the hell out, so I can one day actually provide my family with a descent life...annnd sadly thats what nine out of ten 9E pilots will tell you...

HA...I have nothing but respect for everyone of your priorities...however mine lie nowhere within the 9E management group or the union...I have been beaten to a bloody pulp with lies and banter from both of them for all the years I have been here...maybe thats where the problem lies..most of us are out here for a crappy paycheck and a chance to get the hell out, so I can one day actually provide my family with a descent life...annnd sadly thats what nine out of ten 9E pilots will tell you...
For that I am sorry.

Section 25 TA'ed.

200% Junior man pay on day off. Limitations on how often they can junior man you.

Long call reserves.

Just some of the highlights.

Spot on!

The rest of the contract will be TA'd in May 2013, and PCL will file for bankruptcy on June 1st.

They don't even want to pay industry average pay!!

PS- Pinnacle management has been known to go back and re-open previously TA'd sections. Live and learn.

Latest resources

Back