• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The real plan mgmt has for the future at Pinnacle

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I feel divided on this issue of picketing in general, I have walked the line many times here at 9E and a couple of times with XJ, all the while wondering what the hell I am doing here walking in a circle? On one hand I feel that it really doesn't accomplishes much and its a waste of time. On the other hand I feel it can bring a pilot group together and show some unity and solidarity towards management.

I have to ask myself whether or not I think this picketing event is in the best interest of the pilot group?? Is it? I think it is, because it looks like management is up to their old ways of delay tactics and I wish I was wrong.

If my MEC and Negotiators tell me that management is playing the same old game and wants concessions on Health Insurance, Scheduling, and Vacation, then we are not making any "progress" and this is clearly a delay tactic and one way to show management how pissed off I am is via picketing...

anyway, rant over and FLY SAFE MY FRIENDS!!!

Why in the hell did any 9E guys ever walk in a circle to support XJ? What a waste of time. Won't ever make that mistake again.

I don't have a problem with picketing, and while it may or may not have helped, I seriously doubt it slowed anything down either.

The JCBA is the best path going forward. The 9E reps know that. They just have certain things they need to see to reccomend it to the pilots. I base that on talking to several of them.

We need to come out of this with a deal that locks down Pinnacle Corp, gives us something that is good now and that we can build on in the future.

Don't get your knickers in a twist people. We will mostly likely all be working together soon. And you know what? We are all the same. Really. Come on, how different can a group that is comprised of people that have basicly the same demographics and share the same overly inflated egos really be? :)

We can all win here.

Heck of a stall tactic by management. Come in for more negotiating on a Saturday. They really should have been working all night long. Shut it down!!

Why in the hell did any 9E guys ever walk in a circle to support XJ? What a waste of time. Won't ever make that mistake again.

Come now, all this bitterness is not called for. So now you just group all pilots into a group and hate them all and not make a choice to support what might be coming down the pipe in the future. I will tell you what, our MEC has always said good things about your pilot group, the majority of our pilots know and respect most of your pilots. Its the individuals and now apparently your union leadership trying to create a rift between our two pilot groups. I will tell you what, even after hearing some of your less intellegent guys tell me that they wanted "their planes back", they wanted use "stapled" they wanted to "give" us 3:1 or 5:1 seniority or even "offer" us jobs, I still say we should support you guys because you have been treated like crap for way too long. But that support does not include making rash decisions that might hinder/hurt our current negotiations that seem to be making progress. It is our decision to do what is best for these negotiations which I might add includes 9E.

I think your MEC has not informed your pilot group on what is in our contract, instead has shot holes in it saying our scheduling section is not that good (this is right from a couple of your pilots). I will tell you what, our min day, block or better, cancelation pay, 11 days off and many more things make that section pretty good. Yes there is room for improvement in such areas as reserve rules and FO pay but they are still more than likely better than 9E's section.

All I am saying is lets give this negative crap a break and see where this takes us. if as you all say happens and we do not get a TA, then lets picket together in full unity. I do not want to bash your union leaders but from what I have heard most of your pilots do not have much faith in them while I watched in bankruptcy our union leaders fight with their hand tied in a bankruptcy court to get us the best they possibly could which is not too bad in my opinion.

What are we losing in this joint negotiations?

we are losing our section 6 negotiations which might have given us leaps and bounds better work rules concerning reserve and FO pay

I will tell you what, our MEC has always said good things about your pilot group, the majority of our pilots know and respect most of your pilots.

That's a load of kr@p and you know it. It's always been a source of comedy at 9E how much better you XJ guys have convinced yourselves you are then Pinnacle. Just read the posts of all your fellow XJ guys in this thread. SEVEN's attitude is not unusual.

Its the individuals and now apparently your union leadership trying to create a rift between our two pilot groups.

Our union leadership? Let me tell you what. This pilot group has been begging and pleading for the chance to picket. Our MEC finally gave us what we wanted. We've played the game in the past of canceling pickets due to management cooperation. But it was never worth it. We're not canceling this time. Not for anybody. Your pilot group was invited to picket with us and initially your MEC supported it. Then they changed their minds and withdrew. So don't give us this $hit that it was 9E that flew the coup. And it sure as heck isn't our MEC that drove a wedge between the pilot groups. Our MEC hasn't made up our minds for us. They haven't instructed the 9E pilot group as to how we should feel about your MEC's actions. Your MEC did what it did, your pilot group supported it (not one single XJ pilot picketed with us) and all the 9E pilots can read the writing on the wall. It's obvious how we should feel. We can make u our own minds.

And by the way, news flash here: 9E pilot's don't want to derail these negotiations! A decent contract is a decent contract. Who cares if it's shared by two other pilot groups. 9E pilot's just want a fair contract! That is all! Just because management is taking a few steps in our direction doesn't mean you let up on the pressure. We plan on keeping that pressure high even if we have to do it by ourselves. They really hate picketing, so that's exactly what we plan on doing. Alot. If they hate it then they can avoid more of it by presenting us with a fair contract ASAP. But one day, once you guys have been integrated (through finesse or force) you will receive the education you are so sorely missing up till now on what this management group is like. We'll talk more then.

Oh come on, like we do not know what mean or bad management is like. While you were growing and accepting planes we were in a fake/sham of a bankruptcy and losing everything we had in terms of a contract (which was all controled by our awesome judicial system). You act as though we do not know bad times. Oh and if you listen to the hot heads who rant the negative crap on here know that that is the very slim minority and they do not have the balls to speak up in person so their opinion is pretty much not a factor. I sense your bitterness that we as a pilot group did not support your picketing, you can feel that way all you want. But when our MEC who has made a lot of great decisions for us (i have not agreeed 100% with them on everything but trust their opinion on this 100%). Oh and I and many others do not think our union dropped the ball or pulled out of your picketing, they feel that since the negotiations are going in the right direction it is not in anyones best interest to picket. From what I hear there were many sources that said not to picket, including ALPA national (so your chairmans letter calling our lack of support...no brotherhood crap is just that, crap) This negotation is separate from your old contract negotiations and until there is an impass in negotiations, then I support the no picketing (BTW I must say that we should not forget 9E's history on negotiations and if it goes that way, the hammer should fall-strike or whatever)

Anyways, end the bitterness. try to ......ahh nevermind, this will all work itself out. I think I am sick of hearing this crap, lets just hope the proposal that the union sent to the company will be accepted

I think I am sick of hearing this crap, lets just hope the proposal that the union sent to the company will be accepted

There have been hundreds of proposals made in these negotiations, what makes you think that they are just going to accept this one that includes the big work rules and the primary compensation pieces?

Latest resources

Back