• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The real plan mgmt has for the future at Pinnacle

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Can someone tell me why management should care where the Mesaba pilots are on the seniortity list? Unless SLI adjusts LONGEVITY, then the costs are basically the same if Mesaba is stapled or if Pinncale is stapled. We are all getting paid based on years of service, not where we are on the seniority list. I guess maybe a little savings having the senior pilots on the lower paying aircraft?

Also, I am not that scared of 9E leaving the table because they won't be better off on their own. This is the third time asking this on this forum, and I have yet to get a response. Are Mesaba and Colgan holding the Pinnacle pilots back from getting their "dream" contract? Would Pinnacle have more leverage negotiating on their own? Would Pinnacle benefit from a whipsaw? Okay, the last question is a new one, but it's relevant.

You are partially right but I was never suggesting that we would be better off on our own...the last six years have proved that point, I am suggesting that (sorry the truth hurts)..if 9E or anyone were to walk away from the table...it would not end well for Mesaba pilots as management would immediatley begin moving metal for the Pinnacle pilots to fly on our current horrid joke of a contract and well you can hope you get a job..believe me this is not out of the realm of possibility with this group...I dont say this as a threat to any XJ guy, its the opposite...you think we want them to whipsaw us against eachother so we can continue to negotiate a neverending contract and fly your airplanes so we can make our already embarassing staffing level even worse???? NO we dont want that for any of you or for any of us...the people you are dealing with in Memphis dont think that way...its an ego trip nothing more nothing less....make no mistake of it...

ps..i realize this is a bit doom and gloom and i think it would take ALOT of bad things to happen for either the XJ or the 9E MEC's to let this happen...my point is this...NOONE at 9e wants to see you guys get completley shafted on this deal, JCBA or not...we however dont get the same fuzzy feeling from you when you guys are all tight lipped and just respond with..."our guys have a plan and are taking care of it"...I dont care what you think you may have been through in the past 10 years with Foley..yada yada yada...it doesnt matter...Memphis is a completley different jungle and none of you have the first idea what you are dealing with here...that was then and this is now...

ps..i realize this is a bit doom and gloom and i think it would take ALOT of bad things to happen for either the XJ or the 9E MEC's to let this happen...my point is this...NOONE at 9e wants to see you guys get completley shafted on this deal, JCBA or not...we however dont get the same fuzzy feeling from you when you guys are all tight lipped and just respond with..."our guys have a plan and are taking care of it"...I dont care what you think you may have been through in the past 10 years with Foley..yada yada yada...it doesnt matter...Memphis is a completley different jungle and none of you have the first idea what you are dealing with here...that was then and this is now...
Before Takeoff Check please.

your mistaken anyways SEVEN....im on the jet...:)

I for one am not scared.

I personally believe the JCBA will pass, but I'll play your game. If it doesn't and metal changes hands... Holdings would still have to honor our contract (on the XJ side), lest have a complete walkout on that side of the house. Now as many 9E guys have been pretentiously pointing out, out fragmentation policy states "offer employment." That could be at the bottom if the list, but none of our guys would leave to be year 1 day1 employees, especially under your current contract. This would cause major training event costs on that side and major unemployment benefits on out side (mgmt doesn't want this). Not to mention, how is ALPA National merger policy would/could be applied in a fragmentation.

Doesn't matter to me personally though, because I would stay on the XJ side, current contract and merge in as a Q CA with the Colgan transition, and only take a $5.00/hr paycut. So, personally, I'm not too scared. But then again I'm further up the list here.

I for one am not scared.

I personally believe the JCBA will pass, but I'll play your game. If it doesn't and metal changes hands... Holdings would still have to honor our contract (on the XJ side), lest have a complete walkout on that side of the house. Now as many 9E guys have been pretentiously pointing out, out fragmentation policy states "offer employment." That could be at the bottom if the list, but none of our guys would leave to be year 1 day1 employees, especially under your current contract. This would cause major training event costs on that side and major unemployment benefits on out side (mgmt doesn't want this). Not to mention, how is ALPA National merger policy would/could be applied in a fragmentation.

Doesn't matter to me personally though, because I would stay on the XJ side, current contract and merge in as a Q CA with the Colgan transition, and only take a $5.00/hr paycut. So, personally, I'm not too scared. But then again I'm further up the list here.

apparently your a slow reader...this is not a "game" as you say...also note the comment i made about that being a very far fetched possibility...and my comment about stopping any type of whipsaw...nice comment though...the "unity" is pouring out of your veins...

SEVEN...enjoy life with an APU my friend...you deserve it...

Latest resources

Back