• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The real plan mgmt has for the future at Pinnacle

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Nope, do NOT want it to fail. I WANT it to succeed. But refuse to be lulled into a false sense of optimism again. I said before, if this does finally work, it will be due to a legitimate business need on the part of the company. They have failed to recognize many legitimate business needs in the past, and are showing many of the same signs now.

Hope it works, not gonna put my head in the sand pretending they will GIVE us anything worth having (which is the XJ strategy, not to mention many 9E pilots). On the other hand, it seems many 9E pilots might finally be ready to give a little push.

Its not that we want failure, we/I just want real progress. I think the delay (slow progress) is just to get us through the holidays.

I think the 9E pilot group got management through the holidays by picking up all the 200% open time. Imagine the pressure your group would have legally placed on management if the pilots hadn't covered the flying.

You're right it's much more effective to picket...in between flights.

Something I'd like you to think about. 9E pilots decide management isn't negotiating in good faith. 9E pilots go to the NMB and tell their tales. Management says we were working on a joint contract between 9e, 9l, and xj. Look how far we've come in a short time. NMB tells everybody to go back to the table...

Remember keep picking up that open time

And everything else your doing to help the company out. Remember there is clear written guidance from both the company and the FAA in regards to maintence write-ups, taxi speeds, flying fatigue or sick.
The company will NOT be very motivated to get this resolved if performance numbers are good. Look what happened to Fredom when their numbers started to slide. That's the only kind of pressure Pinnacle corp is likely to respond to.

You are the first ALPA group ever to not support a fellow pilot group. Like where your MEC is taking you?

As I said in another post, it could also be said your group is not supporting the other TWO groups. But hey, maybe you could also put up another billboard

Its amazing to me that there are actually people that think progress is being made. Really?

The company is wanting things back from this current 1999 contract.
Things like call in honest, much higher medical premiums, and no min-day if you fly a prop, etc, etc, etc.

Not only are things not moving forward, but the company is "taking it back".

Unbelievable.

Its amazing to me that there are actually people that think progress is being made. Really?

The company is wanting things back from this current 1999 contract.
Things like call in honest, much higher medical premiums, and no min-day if you fly a prop, etc, etc, etc.

Not only are things not moving forward, but the company is "taking it back".

Unbelievable.

As I said, the communications are very different between XJ and 9E

So XJ is caving by not picketing, yet 9E are so noble in the fight by picketing while at the same time picking up all the flying they can? I guess I really don't get it.

The 2 emails I have gotten today say positive things. I will go with that.

Have fun picketing.

Latest resources

Back