• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The REAL NJ TA Story

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
When I was hired, for example, I was offered my choice of the Citation Encore, the Hawker 400XP (BeechJet), or the Citation Excel.

I hope you had the sense to take the BeechJet. I had the X, XL, 560, 680, 800 or BeechJet. One look at that bagbay, the small fuel tanks and low stock room, it was the BeechJet for me!

Last edited:
Nah, as I said, I took the Excel; I really wanted something with an APU.

I'm sure I'll get my shot at the 400 lifestyle whenever upgrade comes along. :D

nevermind fll tpa same thing

gutshotdraw - not to fog up your rose colored glasses, but many things that never came to pass or changed were promised to EJA/NJA pilots thru the years. I sincerely hope you have better luck with your "promises" by that source than we did - hard nosed negotiating and contracts worked better for us.

Never said I had a source that promised me anything, just a "what if." The point is, there are work rules that are a little different at NJI and it remains to be seen how a single seniority list would affect those rules. I'm just talking QOL issues, scheduling, training, dispatch, etc. that have made this a good job for many of us.

biggest complaint is the term. It is a 5 year contract, but can be extended if the company meets certain goals.

Five years?????
"extended if the company meets certain goals???"
I assume all the NJA pilots are not inclined to refuse any flights then for any reason? That would be the only way the company would "meet certain goals" related to the pilots.
Interesting.
So it all starts over again at the end of 5 short years.
How excessively long will the fight last THIS time?

Five years?????
"extended if the company meets certain goals???"
I assume all the NJA pilots are not inclined to refuse any flights then for any reason?
Huh? I've refused flights for various reasons, from fatigue (several times in my first year here) to weather to mechanical. What would change?

That would be the only way the company would "meet certain goals" related to the pilots.
Interesting.
The "certain goals" are spelled out in a six-page section of the contract, and they're not insignificant.

So it all starts over again at the end of 5 short years.
How excessively long will the fight last THIS time?
Maybe no time at all, just as there was no fight this time. The IBB system worked this time, and it's very likely we'll try another session a few years down the road.

Huh? I've refused flights for various reasons, from fatigue (several times in my first year here) to weather to mechanical. What would change?

Exactly my point... (looking at it from the company's perspective).
It would like be impossible to meet these "certain goals" from their view

Maybe no time at all, just as there was no fight this time. The IBB system worked this time, and it's very likely we'll try another session a few years down the road.

"another session?"
"no time at all?"
"no fight?"
What company do you work for, or did you just hire on there?

You obviously don't know anything about the IBB that just passed...

My POINT is that there was an excessively long fight to get where they are from starting off as the lowest paid fractional, that will likely start all over again in less than 5 years when it is determined they don't "meet certain goals" the company deems worthy of extending. Enjoy it the short time it lasts.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back