• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The REAL NJ TA Story

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So, is there anyone who cares to share what the REAL story is on NJ's new TA? Sure the pay raise, especially for the newbies, is fair for todays standards, but I'm sure that there is something the rank and file are having to give up. If there are no givebacks, then why did some of you guys vote against the TA? I'm sure the NJ management didn't offer you this new TA package out of the kindness of their hearts. Just wondering what the REAL, behind the scene story is. Anyone care to be honest and share?

Negatives have been posted on many different threads, but here goes.

18 day fixed and 12 PTO days is a give back from the 18 day, 4 H day, and large amounts of vacation skillfully planned. About 20% of the pilots are on this schedule. Some would say the money is not enough to go to this schedule.

The 18 day schedule can only have manning reduced by 10% per quarter.

Retiree med benefits go away. This is debatable as to how much a give-back this is.

Company credit card is now mandatory. This could cost an individual thousands of dollars, since they are no longer getting the large number of Hilton points with their AMEX. Minor yes, but unnecessary.

Calling in sick before 4 hrs of work, you will be charged time off.

Calling in well must be done by 5PM eastern time.
HBA rights are watered down.

Humpy,

I understand your skepticism. I would be skeptical too looking in from the outside.

This deal started out to be a win-win from it's inception. I was skeptical as HELL at first.

In the end, it was a win-win.

What did we gain? Stuff.

What did we lose? Stuff.

In the end, it was all a horce a piece.... pretty much a wash.

The F/Os got a HUGE helping hand. What's good for them is good for me in the long run. I received good things as a PIC too, not as much though. They were due much more.

Following the labor strife of 2005, we needed this.

What did we gain that can NEVER be put into the writing of any CBA? Mutual respect for each other (management and labor) as one team and a reinvested energy to work through issues together.

That is just priceless. Period.

Company credit card is now mandatory. This could cost an individual thousands of dollars, since they are no longer getting the large number of Hilton points with their AMEX. Minor yes, but unnecessary.

Could you explain that a little more? Does this mena no more points at all??

Thanks

I'd say the end of new hires off the street takes care of the NJI issue. One seniority list is a definite winner.

All Netjets US flying should be done by 1108 pilots. Any other carrier is a threat.

Could you explain that a little more? Does this mena no more points at all??

Thanks

We still get all the points from airline mileage, just not as many hotel points (as the company card is independent of hotel chains). The points go into a pool (maximum of 40k/yr) to be used however one chooses. The airline tickets and hotels are purchased on your company card and purchase price points go into that pool.

Personally, I like the protection from identity theft the company card offers vs. using one's own card on the road.

The [company card] points go into a pool (maximum of 40k/yr) to be used however one chooses...

As part of the IBB negotiations (section 20.3), the point caps have been removed:

The current level of customer loyalty benefits will not be reduced by the Companyand there will be no imposed loyalty point accumulation limits associated with the Company credit card.

:beer:

Latest resources

Back