Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Humphreybogart

Here's Lookin At You Kid
So, is there anyone who cares to share what the REAL story is on NJ's new TA? Sure the pay raise, especially for the newbies, is fair for todays standards, but I'm sure that there is something the rank and file are having to give up. If there are no givebacks, then why did some of you guys vote against the TA? I'm sure the NJ management didn't offer you this new TA package out of the kindness of their hearts. Just wondering what the REAL, behind the scene story is. Anyone care to be honest and share?

I dont even work for NJA I actually work for CS but I think the reasoning for the TA is pretty obvious. Fixing costs is important for a business where contracts are signed in 5 year increments. They can now base their pricing on a certain pilot pay scale until the amendable date. CS has griped about how their old contracts are not profitable but the new ones are. Also this new TA while it is a substantial pay increase for FOs is barely a COLA increase over the long term but still out of this world compared to CS pay.

biggest complaint is the term. It is a 5 year contract, but can be extended if the company meets certain goals.

Captain pay scales on the 7 and 7 are not substantial enough. However, i think the good points outweight the negative. Scope is the biggest thing in my opinion and putting an end to alter ego NJI.

Come one Bogie! When you NEGOTIATE (maybe you should look up the definition of that word) there is give and take from both sides.

Having said that, we didn't 'give back' much. We did alter some provisions in the contract, some in the pilots' favor, some in the company's favor. But again, it all ties into the definition of 'negotiation'.

One of the most important things both the pilots and the company got in this IBB is a contract that will enable the company to (hopefully) operate more efficiently and profitably and thereby create solid stability for the company. And long-term job security is an exceptionally good thing for the pilots!

But truthfully, there were very few givebacks from our side. Some will argue we didn't get as much as we could have, but that's not the same as giving things back.

And how did you do that?

We didn't! I would say that a "seed" was planted though, would you not agree?

Alter ego seems to be a stretch if you ask me. Personally, all will benefit greatly from being on one seniority list.

We didn't! I would say that a "seed" was planted though, would you not agree?

Alter ego seems to be a stretch if you ask me. Personally, all will benefit greatly from being on one seniority list.

A seed was definitely planted. All FO's come from the A side but the original 300 are pretty much untouched. I guess it is a good deal we will see.

Latest resources

Back