The proper Jeppesen Approach Briefing

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It should be like a skirt.

Long enough to cover the subject, but short enough to make it interesting.

PF: What runway they uzin?
PNF: 9L.
PF: Did ya string it?
PNF: Yup.
PF: Any questions?
PNF: We only got a 30 minute turn, what you want to eat?
PF: Popeye's works for me. Briefing complete.

I use the briefing strip on the plate its pretty concise and you never are hunting for information. I also brief the date of issue on the top of the plate. I breif the published missed only if the airport is advising the approach on the atis, if its a visual I normally brief runway heading up to 2000 feet (agl). I also throw in Flap Setting, Speeds, Autobrakes, Reverse Use, and planned turnoff. (And yes it only take 15-20 seconds)

When us TWA folks went over to the AA side we were absolutely amazed at all the talking they did. For an approach briefing they basically read the entire page, even in VFR. It's since been shortened closer to what we used to do.

I use the briefing strip on the plate its pretty concise and you never are hunting for information. I also brief the date of issue on the top of the plate. I breif the published missed only if the airport is advising the approach on the atis, if its a visual I normally brief runway heading up to 2000 feet (agl). I also throw in Flap Setting, Speeds, Autobrakes, Reverse Use, and planned turnoff. (And yes it only take 15-20 seconds)

Why do you brief a missed approach altitude of 2000 feet AGL? Traffic pattern altitude for turbine airplanes is 1500 AGL.

Does anybody have a link or information about material on how Jeppesen actually thinks an approach should be briefed?
I have to come up with something for a flight school, so it has to be good. Thanks

Thanks

This guy must be a Riddle Cadet!!

Latest resources

Back