The other SWA interview stuff???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
SWA interview

I chatted with an FA on my way home and I told here I had just finished my interview, which she Knew since it was written on my boarding letter. She asked how it went. I said I thought is went great. A little while later she brought me a drink as a comp. I thought about it and then drank it. The other free drink comps I gave to friends going for interviews at a latter date.

I stayed at the hotel they recommended. It did have a reduced rate for SWA personnel. I also managed to meet 6-7 pilots there for training. I went to eat with them but I felt like I had just extended my interview. I drank tea and asked a lot of questions about the company.
Good luck.

you interviewed at SWA in 2004? Just curious, thought the calls just went out for the March interviews.

-

managed to meet 6-7 pilots there for training. I went to eat with them but I felt like I had just extended my interview.
If you go to the Renaissance you will find a lot of our guys at the bar. The new hire class starts on 1 March and the January class will be finished by then. Every day guys are coming for recurrent training. We have captain upgrade classes going on. Go talk with them. Have a beer with them. Some are check airman. Great guys.

I don't now how this will extend your interview, unless you make a ugly scene.

Letters of recomendation

What is the word from the PD on letters of recommendation? If you already applied with paper and sent in letters, do we need to get new ones, or are the old ones OK? Should we get more recently dated letters anyway? A few of the guys I used have moved, so I do need to provide new contact info. Obviously, I don't want to wait till the last minute to do this. If I had my three letters of recommendation earlier, I probably would have interviewed two years ago!!

If you only own one suit ... consider nice casual clothes for the flight and pack your suit. This is what I did, but something I didn't think of that might just bite you in the tender parts is NOT to check anything important if you are not flying from a "Wright amendment" city to LUV. If you are flying from out side of Texas or the states boardering Texas your will be the only bag getting transfered and the odds of you bag not making it go WAY up. Definatly chat with people, but I never offered up that I was interviewing - maybe I am just shy ;)

Last edited:
Wright amendment" city to LUV. If you are flying from out side of Texas or the states bordering Texas your will be the only bag getting transfered and the odds of you bag not making it go WAY up
This only applies to revenue passengers. If you are on a pass your bags can be tagged all the way to DAL.

Uh yeah, that is my point: yours will be the only bag going this way and this is not an normal event so (I think) the odds of a lost bag are much higher. BTW a bag of mine was temporarily misplaced coming from training. My advice: if you NEED it for the interview - carry it!

Last edited:
interview at SWA

My info is old. I did my interview in Jan 02. I have been treading water in the pool since Mar 02 but my head is above water now...

Good luck to all of you interviewing. I am sure things have changed but I am willing to bet it will be the best interview you have whether you are hired or not.

Latest resources

Back