Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The NWA/DAL case is a wrap, what do you think?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Back to fins though. He is the one who continually brings up a dfr suit if things don't go the way HE deems is fair.
Calling me a SCAB? That's pretty serious. Threatening to out my ID? It seems you like to protect yours anonymity for fear of "internet stalkers" but you don't apply that same standard to others? At most, I'd respond that if you are a gentleman, an apology is in order. Who's the tough guy?

Quote where you read I advocate a DFR suit. Read, would you? Others have come up with various nightmare scenarios which I have rebutted as unlikely for the following reasons:
  1. The MEC's have been very careful
  2. The Reps have been very responsible
  3. ALPA has been careful and has mostly left this to the MEC's
  4. Anything that targeted a specific pilot group, or part of that group, for separate and unfair treatment would likely lead to a cause of action which ALPA would want to avoid.
Based on what I've written, things are going almost exactly as expected, with an adjustment for NWA's attrition. Frankly, I doubt anyone cares what I feel is fair. Hopefully there are facts and opinions based on historical outcomes to debate.

As for outing me, been done, you want the list? PM me your name and e-mail, I'll send it to you. I've been outed more times that Linsay Lohan's alleged bisexual tendencies. However, I'm not at all afraid to discuss our profession, ways to improve our profession, and how we can get there. My honest opinion is our Reps are doing a faultless job in this SLI. There has been excellent representation on both sides.

Bloch pulled a rabbit out of his hat on the "pull out-put in" tool. It may be an excellent way to adjust for NWA's attrition - I dunno. The point of my post on this thread was to say that ALPA is a whole lot better off letting Bloch set some new precedent in SLI than trying to do that themselves.

Bloch does not fall under the DFR standard. ALPA does.

Last edited:
Based on what I've written, things are going almost exactly as expected, with an adjustment for NWA's attrition, which I wrote was fine with me since it is a career factor for NWA pilots in my relative seniority group.

Anything less than DAL's original offer is a disgrace to the DAL pilots. Having saved NWA, taken on their old fleet, giving them a payraise, better work rules, how in the world are they not the the DALAPA alter begging for admission.

Its ALTAR

But good try at stirring the pot. The Delta position was very fair and gave them little wiggle room.

Some people look at the sticker price and are happy they saved $10,000 on their new car, although they got ripped on their trade in. Other people go to Edmunds and send the Dealer an e-mail with the fair market value for the car. One method assumes a lot of haggling, the other doesn't.

Sorry your expectations were not met for haggling. What you see is pretty much what you get.

Well, if some junior DAL pilots opinion mattered, then I would care what you say.. Fact is, you are just concerned about the bottom NWA guys being put on this list ahead of you. Odds are, they will be. Why don't you spend your energy hoping the company does well, so you won't have to worry about a job.

That is part of the inherent problem here. Each and every pilot has one vote, and each voice matters. That is why our merger committee was made up of people across the seniority spectrum.

General,

Its a merger of equals my man, you always seem to forget that.

Come on man, that is NOT what Bloch meant. He meant that our airlines were not failing while the other was the rescuer. We are not equal size, without the same number of widebody jobs (that bring more pay), etc. We are a larger airline with higher pay and more planes to offer, along with more bases. You guys did very well with this merger, giving the number of choices you have now. I do know that there are great parts of your airline, and I am sure you guys are great guys too, but you came here with lower pay, some older equipment that none of us would want to fly, and some interesting testimony that could be considered offensive. (along with your whole DOH/Dynamic proposal) Other than all of that, yes, yes we are equal.... Welcome aboard.

Bye Bye--General Lee

The real silver lining to the SLI debate was that none of us looked at our stock portfolios for several days.

I lost more in the last few months than I'll make at Delta (regardless of seniority) in the next 10 years.

We will see my man. Merger of equals is not a confusing statement.

So, are we the same size? Do we have the same amount of planes? How about the same amount of pilots? You say we are equal in every way? We all read what Bloch said, and he was comparing the merger itself to the USAir merger, and how that merger had one airline that was failing and one that was not. I am glad you and your cohorts saw something that everyone else did not. Go back and read the context of his statement. In reality, we aren't equal in a lot of ways---especially the pay rates and smaller planes you brought into this merger. We brought EVERY ONE of your pay scales up, and you kept your frozen pensions. You will have a choice of bases soon, and more widebodies to chose from,and a fantastic new uniform along with a spify hat. All we got? A NRT hub and some upper midwest hubs that Southwest is looking at too, along with an old freighter operation that may go away, orders for 787s that may not be here for years, and a lot of older DC9s that are the bottom of our combined pay scale. Your stand alone option had you furloughing up to 300 pilots. It was in an official memo, the one your MEC chair couldn't recall. Recent retirements (about 100) have mitigated some of that, but not all of it maybe. We really aren't "equal", now are we? That doesn't mean we can't be friends, but the truth hurts sometimes.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back