Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The NWA/DAL case is a wrap, what do you think?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
you guys just don't stop do you? Does it make ya"ll feel BIG to act like children on the Internet? :cool:

Who had more long term debt? Whose ratio of debt to monthly expenses was much higher? We both had/have lots of borrowed money to be sure. Which airline was producing higher returns with it?

If I may, merger of equals could very well be interpreted to mean that neither airline was in BK. Neither was. Both were viable. Profitability, or lack thereof, matters not. What does matter is amount and value of jobs brought to the merger. Viability is off the table, a non-player, as is the Orient vs Europe, SA, Africa, Central America--except for number and value of jobs as a result of those operations or lack thereof.

Who had more long term debt?

NWA's long term debt was proportionally higher than Delta's.

Whose ratio of debt to monthly expenses was much higher?

Umm, debt to revenue might be a more important matrix. Loads of debt, not much revenue to service it.

We both had/have lots of borrowed money to be sure. Which airline was producing higher returns with it?

Delta. NWA operating income 2Q2008 was a loss of $216M, DAL's was positive $131M.

We could go on and on, but it's not relevant since we were both doing relatively well in a very sick industry. We were financially equal, neither airline saving the other. OTOH, we weren't identical in the jobs brought to the merger.

FDJ2, for what it's worth... NWA did have higher margins 3Q. Albeit not by much.

You're right general. We weren't equal at all.....we were more profitable than you in almost every metric. Doesn't mean we can't be friends though....

Truth hurts right? I mean, I heard that right here after all...

LMAO!:laugh:
More of your facts??

Let's consider the following then hey junior?

DAL: Revenue for latest 12 months: $20.2 billion
Debt: $10.9 billion

Unrestricted cash and short-term investments: $3.2 billion

NWA: Revenue for latest 12 months: $13.2 billion
Debt: $9.9 billion
Unrestricted cash and short-term investments: $3.2 billion

(**This information was as of the date of the merger announcement**)

Check mate sparky!
NEXT!
Or is it back to the ignore list when you can't debate??:crying:

Last edited:
Red,

Fins only knows how to sue. He was/is one of the original RJDC SCABS that tried to sue their way onto the dal sl. When they got their asses handed to them, he slinked away and applied, got hired, and even though acl65plt knows who he is, begged him to not reveal his name. Because he knows that had his name been revealed he would have never made it off probation(If he even is off yet). His anonimity on this board allows him to banter with his new found dal brothers(g.lee,puff, 73pylt,scope etc). These same angry(rightfully so) brothers would cut his nuts off if his true name was ever revealed. It will be interesting once this is all said and done and we have access to the dalpa webboard if we will be able to identify some of these yahoos. I especially like fngs that think we owe them thanks for the payraise. Looking forward after soc that some fng fo brings that up in the cockpit. The look on his face when the reserve shows up to replace him will be priceless. PS are you on for turkey day, and if so will see you at the pad.

So presumably you would teach a would-be son that its okay to slap your girlfriends as long you don't beat your wife.

Enough of the childish threats and stick to the debate.

fv

Last edited:
I think it would be fun to put all you guys into the cage and watch some good smack down extreme fighting champs! Enough words lets pick up weapons!!!!!! geeeeeetttttttt uuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!:uzi: :angryfire

FDJ2, for what it's worth... NWA did have higher margins 3Q. Albeit not by much.

Like I said, we were financially equal, we're just not identical, we have different hiring trends, growth projections and a different fleet mix to name a few.

Neither the financial health nor the nature of the transaction, Delta's acquisition of NWA, is going to be a factor in the SLI.

Latest resources

Back