Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The NWA/DAL case is a wrap, what do you think?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
While many NW guys here seem to think DL was going for the brass ring in this SLI, it is viewed quite differently here. The reality is that most DL guys feel even an award of exactly what we asked for would be a neutral at best. While many at NW who expected to be -9 and 320 guys for years will have access to the 757/767 immediately. Those who thought they would be based in DTW and MSP indefinitely will now have many more choices. Those who were furloughed twice (sometimes) will now get longevity back and all will get substantial payraises. NW guys have always been very focused on the last few years of a career because there have always been very few carrots for a mid-career pilot while those at DL just hope to keep what they have now.

Current DL guys have backward movement in current positions and bases, minimal payraises, ancient DC-9s, and upgrades in MSP and DTW to look forward to in a best case scenario. It will have no bearing on anything, I know. Just a little perspective from an average guys on this side of the fence.

Last edited:
That is how you see it. 5500 pilots see it differently.

DC9 pilots have absolutely nothing to lose here. Anything larger pays more and is more advanced.

Bye Bye--General Lee

ACL,

As usual you get the point I was trying to make. Lots of tough guys on this board, not near as tough on the alpa natl. Wonder why? Easy to talk tough behind a screenname. Anyway, so far ALL, I repeat ALL RDs I have met(On jumpseats, in line at SBs, hotel vans, over cold beers on layovers etc.) since this started have been great guys. I/y'all would not trade places with any other of our bros/sis at any other airline. Back to fins though. He is the one who continually brings up a dfr suit if things don't go the way HE deems is fair. Maybe I am wrong about his involvment in the rjdc but I seem to remember him/her thanking you for not divulging his name to his new bros. Anyone on here, including myself has no idea how the arbitraitors may/will rule. Just spectulation, kinda like predicting who will win the superbowl. My guess is still a negotiated settlement that gives us some near term credit for our old farts, and gives y'all some credit for what y'all deem holy. We shall know by the 8th regardless. Make you a deal. If it is closer to ours, we have to buy the beer on layovers, and vice versa if your's for the rest of our careers.:beer:

I guess he will have that right at the CA. That is fine, I probably will not talk about it, but then it will be well in the the past.

Tell me this: Would you be ahead of your old classmates from NWA if we went with the DALPA offer?

The honest answer would be yes, slightly, but I left NW because the prognosis for a career at DL was much more lucrative with the fleet mix at each company.

Latest resources

Back