Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The NWA/DAL case is a wrap, what do you think?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Another hillbilly that drinks and types. Back to the double wide, Billy Joe Jim Bob. Just sign in under your usual name, GL.

Good one!

You should sign under your usual name, Detoilet320!

Must be tough running to the library this late at night to use the computer since the trailer park shuts off the power this late.

Ok, enought banter for the night. I do have a serious thought here. Does anyone think that the arbitration panel could possibly be influenced by parties outside the arbitration hearing? Ex. Delta management or ALPA national.

Couple questions please:

1) Would someone please explain what a 7-5 ratio means?

2) Any guesses on base and or aircraft freezes?

3) Any word on NWA furloughees?

4) Is the decision binding?
  1. Thanks - Baja.
  1. Delta has roughly 7,000 pilots, NWA 5,000. Some think pilots should be integrated on a simple 7 to 5 ratio and be done with it.
  2. Delta asked for a 3 year fence starting at October 31st with no bump, no flush.
  3. Various documents were presented showing NWA is overstaffed by ~300 pilots. No furloughs are anticipated since Delta is understaffed and NWA has had some retirements and attrition (in rough numbers, no one seems to be talking furloughs from either side)
  4. The arbitration decision is binding. NWA's counsel claims the decision over rides the job protection provisions of our pilot working agreement. Delta's Counsel said management would reject a decision based on a dynamic list. If rejected, the list would go back to arbitration. I have not done the research to fully believe the validity of either claim, but I doubt either side just made the allegation up without a basis for their statements.

Ok, enought banter for the night. I do have a serious thought here. Does anyone think that the arbitration panel could possibly be influenced by parties outside the arbitration hearing? Ex. Delta management or ALPA national.
Well, the allegation was made that Delta Management could reject an unworkable list and send us back to arbitration.

But, no, I don't think the Panel is influenced by outside forces. They want to create a fair list that works.

There was some talk in the last day's transcript about a four category (status/category) list with 100 or 173 "pullouts" for the senior NWA guys. It was significantly different from the DAL proposal in a lot of ways, most obviously that the DC-9 FO's weren't separated into their own category at the bottom. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that's where my money is for the final outcome. Only questions would be exactly what are the four categories, and how many attrition slots do the NWA guys get at the top of the list(100, 173, more, less?) Probably just about equally distasteful to both groups, so probably the right answer.

NWAF16Dude:

That is nearly the most reasonable post a NWA pilot has written and I think you are very close to the end result.

Anyone know how many Professional Flight Engineers NWA has? Are there some pilots over age 62 on the property?

Last edited:
NWAF16Dude:

That is nearly the most reasonable post a NWA pilot has written and I think you are very close to the end result.

Anyone know how many Professional Flight Engineers NWA has? Are there some pilots over age 62 on the property?

There are 0 PFE's and very few Ropes left.

There was some talk in the last day's transcript about a four category (status/category) list with 100 or 173 "pullouts" for the senior NWA guys. It was significantly different from the DAL proposal in a lot of ways, most obviously that the DC-9 FO's weren't separated into their own category at the bottom. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that's where my money is for the final outcome. Only questions would be exactly what are the four categories, and how many attrition slots do the NWA guys get at the top of the list(100, 173, more, less?) Probably just about equally distasteful to both groups, so probably the right answer.

Probably a pretty good WAG.

Probably a pretty good WAG.

Possibly... Million dollar question is whether it would be 4 groups based on DOH, ratio, and whether or not dynamic overlay is used. I agree with Nu that we will be talking again before the 8th. Hope it's something we can all live with...

Latest resources

Back