• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The Negatives of the new Netjets proposal

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
RNO, good point. Something "bad" to you guys might not necessarily appear bad to us. It's all relative I suppose. Bottom line here is they should give us a raise based on the last 2 great years we've had. I wonder what would happen if you guys vote "no" and then we get a raise that surpasses NJ?? Might create some tension over there.

Doyle,
Yeah, if it went down there would be issues, you are correct in that regard. However I think it is passing, with a yes vote of somewhere around 80%. (This number has been going up, as more and more hardcores post they are voting yes). The fact is this is a decent deal, notice I didn't say exellent, and helps the pilot group in the long term. (Yes, I know there are flaws so don't jump all over me about that last statement, I have read the IBB twice already)

As for you guys, I agree you need a raise, will they give it to you out of the kindness of there hearts??? Time will tell. As for it being more then ours??? Don't know about that.

Have you ever considered the theory that RTS put out these pay scales to put pressure on the mangement of the other fractionals???

Last edited:
Doyle,
Yeah, if it went down there would be issues, you are correct in that regard. However I think it is passing, with a yes vote of somewhere around 80%. (This number has been going up, as more and more hardcores post they are voting yes). The fact is this is a decent deal, notice I didn't say exellent, and helps the pilot group in the long term. (Yes, I know there are flaws so don't jump all over me about that last statement, I have read the IBB twice already)

As for you guys, I agree you need a raise, will they give it to you out of the kindness of there hearts??? Time will tell. As for it being more then ours??? Don't know about that.

Have you ever considered the theory that RTS put out these pay scales to put pressure on the mangement of the other fractionals???[/quote]

Maybe RTS did it to poach the pilots Citationshares claims it has who are the "best pilots in the industry." I've seen CS's corporate video and that's what it claims. Clearly those pilots need to move to Netjets.

Would this not be an equipment lock.

That 39 month seat lock still doesnt apply to a captain upgrade. Even if you bid in to the falcon as an fo which incurs another 39 month seat lock after you complete your inital seatlock you can still upgrade to captain and your seat lock just rolls over.
this not be an equipment lock or combination thereof?

At ASA our contract was signed in 1998, it became amendable in 2002 and we just got a ta last week in 2007.. THAT IS 9 YEARS OPERATING ON A PRE 9/11 CONTRACT. And out QOL is still in the TOP 3 of all regionals..

5 years of negotiations.. almost 300 mediated sessions.

This is a great opportunity for NetJet pilots and to vote this down would be INSANE..

MAKE SURE YOU READ THE LANGUAGE AND WHAT THE COMPANY HAS TO DO TO MAKE IT EXTEND UNTIL 2016. DO NOT BASE YOU VOTE ON WHAT YOU READ ON FLIGHTINFO.COM

Upon hiring, a new-hire would get a 39-month "Initial Equipment Lock in his aircraft type and duty position", which starts the first day he reports for any company-required training. This initial lock will not prevent said crewmember from upgrading to his first captain position, regardless of aircraft type. If that upgrade is in a different type, there is a new 39-month equipment lock. If the first upgrade is in type, only the remaining portion of the original 39-month equipment lock still applies.

If a new-hire, after his initial 39-month lock, switches to a new fleet still as an SIC, a new 39-month lock is incurred. However, unlike our current CBA, that person could take the first available in upgrade in a different fleet without restriction from the new seat lock. In that instance, the balance of the second lock would be added to the new lock incurred when taking the upgrade. For instance, say someone is hired into the 400XP and after 39 months, bids to the G200. Then, 14 months after getting the G200, that person bids and is awarded an upgrade in the Encore. That person would have the portion of the G200 lock (25 months) added to the new Encore lock, for a total lock in the Encore of 64 months (39+25 months). (And yes, in this example, the person would find himself in the E-boat for over 5 years.)

At least that's how I understand it to work from reading Section 15.4.

Disclaimer: don't read anything into upgrade projections based on my example. Your mileage may vary...

Last edited:

Not in the new TA. If it passes, the "subsequent equipment lock" for FOs -- i.e., bidding another airplane before upgrade -- will not delay your first upgrade, unlike the current contract.

If an FO bids a different airplane as an FO, and is later awarded an upgrade during his equipment lock, he can still upgrade into it. The remainder of his FO equipment lock will be added to the 39-month lock on his new airplane. (If he upgrades into the same type he's already flying, no new locks are added; it's only if his switches airplanes again.)

Maybe RTS did it to poach the pilots Citationshares claims it has who are the "best pilots in the industry." I've seen CS's corporate video and that's what it claims. Clearly those pilots need to move to Netjets.

I thought Flex has the "best pilots in the industry". No, wait.. it's Avantair! No, it's NJA. Wrong! Flops has the best pilots. Wrong again. Brand (insert a name) has the best pilots. Just ask the Marketing weasels at ((insert a name). They'll tell you.

Who needs all the hype about who has the best pilots? In my seven years and three different employers in the Frax, I only see a whole bunch of folks who have achieved a remarkable safety and customer satisfaction record.

Compensation and QOL varies between companies, but the pilot groups are all "the best".

Bottom line: The hype about who has the best pilots is just hype.

Upon hiring, a new-hire would get a 39-month "Initial Equipment Lock in his aircraft type and duty position", which starts the first day he reports for any company-required training. This initial lock will not prevent said crewmember from upgrading to his first captain position, regardless of aircraft type. If that upgrade is in a different type, there is a new 39-month equipment lock. If the first upgrade is in type, only the remaining portion of the original 39-month equipment lock still applies.

If a new-hire, after his initial 39-month lock, switches to a new fleet still as an SIC, a new 39-month lock is incurred. However, unlike our current CBA, that person could take the first available in upgrade in a different fleet without restriction from the new seat lock. In that instance, the balance of the second lock would be added to the new lock incurred when taking the upgrade. For instance, say someone is hired into the 400XP and after 39 months, bids to the G200. Then, 14 months after getting the G200, that person bids and is awarded an upgrade in the Encore. That person would have the portion of the G200 lock (25 months) added to the new Encore lock, for a total lock in the Encore of 64 months (39+25 months). (And yes, in this example, the person would find himself in the E-boat for over 5 years.)

At least that's how I understand it to work from reading Section 15.4.

Disclaimer: don't read anything into upgrade projections based on my example. Your mileage may vary...

5 years on the Encore with no APU!!!!!! That's reason enough to vote this thing down...

It's only five years if you want it to be. Otherwise, wait for the lock on your current seat to be up, and whatever plane you upgrade into will incur the standard 39-month lock. It's all about choice.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back