"The list"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And when was that?

Same as me, while unemployed, when given a contact number at CAL in 1983/84 that could lead to a job at CAL, I talked it over with my ALPA buddies I flew with my reserve squadron. To a "T" they told me it would be the end of my career and I would end up working for some non-sked at Willow Run. So I did the honorable thing and never followed up with the CAL contact. However it is ironic that I now work honorably for a non-sked at KYIP knowing I did the right thing.

You had to be advised to do the right thing. Only when your "buds" told you not to cross the picket line did you decide not to. Scab mentality.

Flygirl,

You ARE a Lawyer!!! A bitter, arrogant, illogical condescending twit. If getting through Law School is so difficult, then how do you explain 80% of our Congressmen and Senators having Law Degrees and yet can't Govern their way out of a paper bag? Look at the yellow pages. 1/4 to 1/3 are Ambulance Chasing Attorneys. If you are so intelligent, then why are you yanking gear for USAIR, the lowest paying airline in the business?

Flygirl,

You ARE a Lawyer!!! A bitter, arrogant, illogical condescending twit. If getting through Law School is so difficult, then how do you explain 80% of our Congressmen and Senators having Law Degrees and yet can't Govern their way out of a paper bag? Look at the yellow pages. 1/4 to 1/3 are Ambulance Chasing Attorneys. If you are so intelligent, then why are you yanking gear for USAIR, the lowest paying airline in the business?

You really are proving yourself to be a dolt and over reaching (again). I do not, nor have I ever flown for USAir.

The only thing that makes me bitter are tools that espouse the ALPA party line while in fact they have stuck the knife deep into the backs of their fellow brothers while preaching unity.
You have the smell of that character about you.

Trust me I do not chase ambulances or work on any contingencies. A lot of the yellow page accident lawyers and politicians got their degrees in Florida and California, typically the worst law schools in the country.

Bitter arrogant condescending twit! Now that made me laugh because I just won a lengthy case last month and almost word for word the opposing counsel I summarily destroyed said the nearly the same thing to me. I'll take that as a complement because those comments just highlights your (as his) ignorance and defeat.

The only thing worse than an Attorney,is a Pilot who went to Law School to become an Attorney...

The only thing worse than a pilot carping about a pilot becoming a lawyer is a pilot that isn't bright enough to actually get through law school to stop being a pilot. That is probably why you had to sloth through 6 airlines. I know your type.

Flygirl,

Getting into law school is the hardest part... its like a Phd program, once in its all yours to throw away. There is a reason that T10 law schools have such high graduation rates... some have automatic grading curves of as much as 80%...

Whew! Not on that list. But then again Since I have only been flying 10 years... oh since I brought it up, shouldnt that list be nothing since most will retire in a couple years?

Even if you die, your name stays on the list.

Even if you die, your name stays on the list.

Yup.

And other lists that only will be judged when you meet your maker.

Taking food out of the mouth of babes for personal gain while others are trying to help the profession you have chosen is a tough one to explain.

Guy in the squadron who is an FO at SWA said they had a young regional FO come up for a jumpseat with an "interesting" last name. The Capt asked "Is your father so and so..." The kid said "I'll go find another flight. Have a nice day." The Capt said, "That would be a good idea." The sins of the father. Note to self....don't SCAB, but especially don't SCAB if you have a funny last name!

Guy in the squadron who is an FO at SWA said they had a young regional FO come up for a jumpseat with an "interesting" last name. The Capt asked "Is your father so and so..." The kid said "I'll go find another flight. Have a nice day." The Capt said, "That would be a good idea." The sins of the father. Note to self....don't SCAB, but especially don't SCAB if you have a funny last name!

Too bad he didn't have the cricket clacker, that would have really shown Junior. Remind your "squadron buddy" that ALPA doesn't seem to give a crap about their "fallen angels" as long as they pay dues. SWAPA has a few too.

BTW, you an NWA pilot? If so, you guys did a bang up job helping out your mechanics with their strike....

And no, FI tool-bags, I didn't cross any picket line or have my name on any moronic list.

Yup.

And other lists that only will be judged when you meet your maker.

Taking food out of the mouth of babes for personal gain while others are trying to help the profession you have chosen is a tough one to explain.

So how do you classify the United Brain Surgeons in 1985 for what they did to their ALPA brothers at Frontier?

Delta with Pan Am?

Eastern with Braniff?

Continental ALPA pilots crossing the IAM and AFA picket lines in 1983?

Last edited:

And one day that young regional F/O will be a Captain and some SWA pilot is going to get denied a ride for this toolish behavior.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back