• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

the life as a "corporate pilot"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Funny, no one's said a word about the old biffys that needed to be pulled out of the airplane and dumped. :puke:(I know this smiley is the wrong "end", but you guys know what I mean.) I don't know what I liked better - getting to fly airplanes that had single-point fueling or "single-point" potty dumping. :D

'Sled

AA717driver said:
Oh, man! How about one of the Missus' friends--I swear her suitcases are loaded with bowling balls! And the 6 foot long "doggie ramps" that I took yesterday so the puppies can 'gracefully' climb up on the bed. Or the boxes of supplies we're taking to the new house--in Bel Air! It's Bel Air, not Belize! :rolleyes:

I swear, the next Gulfstream we get should have a cargo door up front like the Navy has. That or just get a C-130... :rolleyes:

Oh well, the life of a 'family' pilot! :D TC

Try loading 500 - 600lbs of dead ducks and geese, 8 people and all off their sh!t from a weeks long hunt in Canada, into a Hawker 700. And then have the wildlife moron in Great Falls, MT make you unload it all so he can check the birds to make sure no-one killed any endagered birds.:eek: Will these private owners ever realize that they bought an airplane and not a Uhaul?

AA717driver said:
Oh, man! How about one of the Missus' friends--I swear her suitcases are loaded with bowling balls! And the 6 foot long "doggie ramps" that I took yesterday so the puppies can 'gracefully' climb up on the bed. Or the boxes of supplies we're taking to the new house--in Bel Air! It's Bel Air, not Belize! :rolleyes:

I swear, the next Gulfstream we get should have a cargo door up front like the Navy has. That or just get a C-130... :rolleyes:

Oh well, the life of a 'family' pilot! :D TC

My personal favorite are those 200+lb overstuffed Tumi soft sided fold things...crammed full of $hit for a 2 night trip. Those anger me, and sometimes I feel the need to stomp on them or drop them out the arse end of the baggage area onto the wet oily ramp....

there I go, unprofessional again..

2000flyer said:
To make a long story short(er), I'm not a confrontational type unless safety is an issue. If there is a issue that comes up, I'll discuss it in private over a beer and move on. I loathe people who decide to pick an argument in front of peers and co-workers (just another example of supremacy issues). I think you'll be more respected and appreciated down the road rather than to jump into it foaming at the mouth.

2000Flyer

Well said.

You described it perfectly regarding the "supremacy" trait. We have a couple in our department that have that in them but they are slowly learning that no one cares. As they realize this, that need to alpha dog everyone else is disappearing.

I have had a few jobs in my career; cargo, fractional etc. and this is without a doubt the way to go. I am fortunate to work for some good people, though I see other corporate situations that could suck hard as well.

The only real downside is I've put on a few pounds since I started here, gotta get to the gym a little more often.

Gulfstream 200 said:
My personal favorite are those 200+lb overstuffed Tumi soft sided fold things...crammed full of $hit for a 2 night trip. Those anger me, and sometimes I feel the need to stomp on them or drop them out the arse end of the baggage area onto the wet oily ramp...
Hmmm...
Baggage. When it came to baggage, how 'bout the baggage compartment in the 20 and 30 series Lears? Dragging everything down the isle and behind the back seat. We never allowed the passengers to be on board when it happened - didn't want them watching us while we were "persuading" everything to fit and lock the seat back in place.

If we keep this up I may want to resign my position and see if I can get me a commuter job. :laugh:

'Sled

I used to get in a three point stance and tackle the aft divan to get it locked. Repeatedly.

A few years ago I U\used to fly this one eccentric type who would bring the kitchen sink every time we flew them to Colorado. Mops, brooms, cleaning supplies etc. cheap stuff you could get at any self-respecting grocery store, would ride with him in the tiny cabin of the Lear...

Swaayze said:
And that's why he's a millionaire.....waste not want not they say.

Nah, thats not why he's a millionaire. I have flown lots of wealthy people; he's the only one that ever took his Merry Maids kit with him.

He is a millionaire because he bought low and sold high somewhere along the line.

Aft Cargo

Flew for a car dealer that would bring a week's worth of food in a large(100+lbs.) cooler to go to his condo in South Fla.as if they did not have food there, also was asked to dog sit.

Sounds familiar

LXJ31 said:
A few years ago I U\used to fly this one eccentric type who would bring the kitchen sink every time we flew them to Colorado. Mops, brooms, cleaning supplies etc. cheap stuff you could get at any self-respecting grocery store, would ride with him in the tiny cabin of the Lear...

Brings back some memories.. wouldnt happen to have been out of HOU would it?

I used to fly for a guy that would fly pallets of grass for his yard and flowers to Aspen every spring. One time we had a load full of housplants and a toilet for his home there. The rampers called it the flying stationwagon.

Latest resources

Back