• Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
HMR said:
Some reasons I LOVE my "Corp" job:

1: Our stats for 2005:

Number of days flying= 48
RON's= 19
Total Hrs= 144.4 (including 27.8hrs for Hurricane Katrina Relief flying).
Number of days on call= ZERO
Schedule is known 3-6 months in advance.

2: A brand new PIC at our company makes more than an 18yr Regional RJ Captain. Every 121 pilot familiar with our dept. wants to know when we're hiring.

3: My CP is as professional and cool as they come.

4: Our boss is one of the kindest people I've ever met and makes us feel like family.

5: Our new plane is scheduled to enter pre-buy next week.

FWIW- I know at least 3 other guys locally with the same schedule who make more money than I do.

Good Luck with your decision.

I totally understand why your current position is one with high QOL....but, dont you get bored only flying 48 times a year? No offense at all. I would love barely working throughout the year, but still, barely working is barely doing anything. I guess its one of those things that having side-projects get rid of the days spent watching paint dry. :)

Flybet3 said:
you're my kind of guy....are you guys flying strictly 91, or doing the 91/135 deal?

Strictly 91.

Good Question

GulfstreamSDL said:
I totally understand why your current position is one with high QOL....but, dont you get bored only flying 48 times a year? No offense at all. I would love barely working throughout the year, but still, barely working is barely doing anything. I guess its one of those things that having side-projects get rid of the days spent watching paint dry. :)
What makes you think I sit at home? The flight times I listed are for the company jet. That doesn't count the many days each year I get to spend flying a Super Cub. I fly every opportunity I get.;)

As for side projects:
I help teach a class 4 days a week at our local boxing gym.
Lots of camping and exploring on the motorcycle.
I live a short walk from the beach in SoCal so there's always something to do and lots of folks to do it with.:)

...and then, of course, there is the benefit of watching your children grow up (and being there to participate!)

Weekends at home...
Holidays at home...
Birthdays at home...

and, most importantly, spending almost every night at home in my own bed with my wife.

HMR said:
What makes you think I sit at home? The flight times I listed are for the company jet. That doesn't count the many days each year I get to spend flying a Super Cub. I fly every opportunity I get.;)

As for side projects:
I help teach a class 4 days a week at our local boxing gym.
Lots of camping and exploring on the motorcycle.
I live a short walk from the beach in SoCal so there's always something to do and lots of folks to do it with.:)

DAM YOU HMR, DAM YOU!!!! :D

BenderGonzales said:
...and then, of course, there is the benefit of watching your children grow up (and being there to participate!)

Weekends at home...
Holidays at home...
Birthdays at home...

and, most importantly, spending almost every night at home in my own bed with my wife.

very well said chump.....

Hey, watch how you talk to me. I don't want anybody to think we're robosexuals.

(Bring back Futurama you dirty FOX B@$!ards!)

Last edited:
BenderGonzales said:
Hey, watch how you talk to me. I don't want anybody to think we're robosexuals.

(Bring back Futurama you dirty FOX B@$!ards!)

:laugh: LOL

Hey I'm catching the next pimp mobile out of here! you call your self chumps?!

Latest resources

Back