• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

the life as a "corporate pilot"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Originally Posted by B-J-J FighterCorporate sounds fun and all, and from what many of you guys are saying it pays very well. However I just do not want to carry someone's bags, matter of fact I want someone to carry my bags.Listen to the echo's on this thread....stay were you are and you will get exactly what you deserve, a union and ALPA !!! This is the corporate thread..I would like to believe most of us have succeeded on our own because we believe in ourselves and our abilities. My final point is I am very comfortable helping our passengers with their needs not because they expect it but because they are my guests when on our aircraft. Hopefully, you can appreciate this.

HawkerF/O said:
Pilots were White Slaves? Why was it necessary for you to even mention a race? Why? Good thing there are no Black pilots. Hispanic or Asain pilots either. I didn't know pilots were only white.

Lead Sled, I don't EVER want to hear you talking/whining about how some black, woman, or hispanic is getting a job when there is some poor qualified white guy that gets passed over. It's that type up unintenional thing that "slips out" that reveals the real you. It's because of things like that that minorities get preference at times. Why don't you think about what you say and do so the playing field can be leveled.

I'm not a "black/white" guy. You don't know me, but there are a couple of folks on here that do, and they've never heard me talk about blacks get this or whites get this. Not my style. But what you said was out of line. Normally, I would have given you the benefit of the doubt, but because you specifically said "white slave" when refering to a group of pilots in general who you don't know, that let me know your thoughts were intentional and infcat they were.

whoa! easy fella! - shift to decaf, relax, and cruise that new NBAA website a bit. You will come back relaxed.

HawkerF/O said:
Pilots were White Slaves? Why was it necessary for you to even mention a race? Why? Good thing there are no Black pilots. Hispanic or Asain pilots either. I didn't know pilots were only white.

Lead Sled, I don't EVER want to hear you talking/whining about how some black, woman, or hispanic is getting a job when there is some poor qualified white guy that gets passed over. It's that type up unintentional thing that "slips out" that reveals the real you. It's because of things like that that minorities get preference at times. Why don't you think about what you say and do so the playing field can be leveled.

I'm not a "black/white" guy. You don't know me, but there are a couple of folks on here that do, and they've never heard me talk about blacks get this or whites get this. Not my style. But what you said was out of line. Normally, I would have given you the benefit of the doubt, but because you specifically said "white slave" when refering to a group of pilots in general who you don't know, that let me know your thoughts were intentional and infcat they were.
Hells bells man talk about taking 2 + 2 and ending up with 5 (or in your case 1,345.65.)

Yes, I specifically used the phrase "white slave" not as a racial thing, but because it was the actual phrase that I've heard over the years by airline guys describing the "typical" corporate job. My most recent experience was, a few months back, when a senior FEDEX captain acquaintance was telling me why my job must suck. (That just shows how little he knows. :D ) I have also heard the term mentioned in context of slaving away in the office, kitchen, school, etc or being treated as a slave - most teenagers in referring to how their parents treat them. By the way, and for the record, according to recent news broadcasts (San Diego area), white slavery is alive and well - in the form of abduction for prostitution. (Yet another aeronautical connection - PFT anyone?)

In the words of that great humanitarian...
Groundpounder said:
Lighten up, Francis.

For all you other liberals out there, If I offended you I am sorry. It was unintentional and there were definitely no racial innuendos intended. Get over it.

'Sled

Last edited:
Gulfstream 200 said:
imagine for a moment..

paying ALPA dues when you make less than a Mcdonalds drive thru worker.

(but Im not carrying my bosses bag dang it! - Im NOBODYS bitch!)

LOL! :D

Yeah, when I was getting started, I didn't want to "fetch" bags and coffee either.

But I grew up... ;) TC

AA717driver said:
LOL! :D

Yeah, when I was getting started, I didn't want to "fetch" bags and coffee either.

But I grew up... ;) TC

I hear ya TC...and really....whats the extent of this bag thing...

the most I have done is loading as line guys pass them up to the baggage area or taking one for a pax who has thier arms full leaving the cabin, thus freeing up thier hands to hold onto the rail and not fall down the stairs..then at the bottom 99% of them want to take the bag back - at that point we simply walk them to the car and place them in the trunk and say bye....

Whats wrong with that? common courtesy and service.. -if that pays me 100K+ more than the average regional puke my age....call me yo' biatch.

I gots no pride.

Sorry for the flame material, I didn't mean for it to come out that way. I was 6 beers and 2 shots of tekillya deep when I posted that.

B-J-J Fighter said:
Corporate sounds fun and all, and from what many of you guys are saying it pays very well. However I just do not want to carry someone's bags, matter of fact I want someone to carry my bags.

That's funny...I often have tossed a bag or two (or 20 once) when the passengers are standing in the jetway waiting on gate checks. Gate agents, rampers, and passengers alike are all thankful for an extra hand or two. I have also helped my FA serve drinks on a 2 hour ground stop when we were off the gate on the taxiway. And yes, <gasp>, I have even helped clean the cabin (but I didn't wear blue gloves). :D

-Neal

Last edited:
B-J-J Fighter said:
Sorry for the flame material, I didn't mean for it to come out that way. I was 6 beers and 2 shots of tekillya deep when I posted that.

Ah...beer and tekillya.....that explains it!

:)

Gulfstream 200 said:
I hear ya TC...and really....whats the extent of this bag thing...

Oh, man! How about one of the Missus' friends--I swear her suitcases are loaded with bowling balls! And the 6 foot long "doggie ramps" that I took yesterday so the puppies can 'gracefully' climb up on the bed. Or the boxes of supplies we're taking to the new house--in Bel Air! It's Bel Air, not Belize! :rolleyes:

I swear, the next Gulfstream we get should have a cargo door up front like the Navy has. That or just get a C-130... :rolleyes:

Oh well, the life of a 'family' pilot! :D TC

Latest resources

Back