• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

the life as a "corporate pilot"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Corporate sounds fun and all, and from what many of you guys are saying it pays very well. However I just do not want to carry someone's bags, matter of fact I want someone to carry my bags.

My fellow "corp" brothers.....let me answer this fine regional aviator!

B-J-J-Fighter,

I'll gladly "carry" the boss's suitcase or briefcase to/from the aircraft. (Even though 90% of the time he won't let me take it from him). I have no problem pouring him a coffee or a drink on a rare occasion that he does not grab it himself. I have no problem leaving later than the proposed departure time because his meeting has ran longer than expected. (It's his plane and his business pays my salary. And he even calls sincerely when he'll be more then 30 minutes late.)

Mean while, I'll collect my six figure pay, sit in nice destinations (except TEB) for several days on the company money, fly new- well maintained equipment, and enjoy my time off.

On the other hand, BJJ, even though you refuse to carry the CEO's briefcase....I'm sure you will have a great career in aviation as a 121 FO. Making 20-25+ the first year to fly a "jet". Staying in a flophouse in NEW with several other pilots. But hey, you are flying a "jet", I'm sure your old CFI buddies are pretty impressed! And if the industry ever gets straightened out, you might have a chance to "fly" one of the big jets for the majors......maybe someday. And if your airline doesn't furlough you or go bankrupt, you might actually make it to the left seat. But hey, you are an "Airline" pilot!

Meanwhile, I'm going down to Miami for the week and I'll gladly "belittle" myself by getting the boss's suitcase off the airplane.

Seriously, though...I think this is where the airlines our F..ing up. We provide a service and you guys just drive the bus.

Best of luck,

Last edited:
B-J-J Fighter said:
Corporate sounds fun and all, and from what many of you guys are saying it pays very well. However I just do not want to carry someone's bags, matter of fact I want someone to carry my bags.

SO....are you saying you have too much pride to carry someones briefcase but you work for 19K/yr?

only person that might help carry your bags is your mom after she picks you up at the terminal to drive you home.

:0

not many corp guys carry briefcases...but if it was beyond you and unacceptable - yup, you belong in that 121 world.

Last edited:
B-J-J Fighter said:

I think I spend about a total of ten minutes total touching peoples luggage on each round trip, and thats at the most. Normally its throw a bag or two in the back and away we go. I'd much rather do that then sit around waiting for someone else to do it for me, and all the other BS airline pilots put up with.

"not many corp guys carry briefcases...but if it was beyond you and unacceptable - yup, you belong in that 121 world." G200

Come on G200, the guy has 1500 hrs....he must be one of those "real" airline pilots. It's below him to touch someone else's suitcase......it's in the ALPA contract. But hey, he's a 121 FO.

"He can ride that pony right down to the bankruptcy court..."

SCT said:
"not many corp guys carry briefcases...but if it was beyond you and unacceptable - yup, you belong in that 121 world." G200

Come on G200, the guy has 1500 hrs....he must be one of those "real" airline pilots. It's below him to touch someone else's suitcase......it's in the ALPA contract. But hey, he's a 121 FO.

"He can ride that pony right down to the bankruptcy court..."

imagine for a moment..

paying ALPA dues when you make less than a Mcdonalds drive thru worker.

(but Im not carrying my bosses bag damn it! - Im NOBODYS bitch!)

Gulfstream 200 said:
SO....are you saying you have too much pride to carry someones briefcase but you work for 19K/yr?

only person that might help carry your bags is your mom after she picks you up at the terminal to drive you home. :0

Not many corp guys carry briefcases...but if it was beyond you and unacceptable - yup, you belong in that 121 world.
I've flown corporate for 25 years and I honestly can't remember ever being asked to carry anyone's bag - sure I've offered to help some of our passengers (mostly the ladies), but by far and away most of the time the passengers carry their own bags to the airplane or to the baggage cart. Basically all we ever do is load and unload the baggage compartment. That's seldom a big deal and most of the time our passengers or lineguys are there feeding us the bags.

I can't remember that last time I had one of our passengers ask us to serve them anything or pour them a drink. What I do find is that our passengers are always coming forward to ask us if we'd like them to get us anything.

In the past it seemed that there were plenty of horror stories floating around about pilots being treated as little more than white slaves, cowering to their domineering company passengers. Perhaps they were true, but I've never experienced it. My feeling is that the turnover in such a department would be horrendous and, as it always does,word would get out and quality guys would apply elsewhere for work.

Is corporate flying the end all to beat all? Of course not. But there are enough of us out there that wouldn't have it any other way. You commuter guys just keep on trucking, someone's got to fly them busses.

'Sled

Last edited:
Wtf????????

Lead Sled said:
In the past it seemed that there were plenty of horror stories floating around about pilots being treated as little more than white slaves, cowering to their domineering company passengers.
Pilots were White Slaves? Why was it necessary for you to even mention a race? Why? Good thing there are no Black pilots. Hispanic or Asain pilots either. I didn't know pilots were only white.

Lead Sled, I don't EVER want to hear you talking/whining about how some black, woman, or hispanic is getting a job when there is some poor qualified white guy that gets passed over. It's that type up unintenional thing that "slips out" that reveals the real you. It's because of things like that that minorities get preference at times. Why don't you think about what you say and do so the playing field can be leveled.

I'm not a "black/white" guy. You don't know me, but there are a couple of folks on here that do, and they've never heard me talk about blacks get this or whites get this. Not my style. But what you said was out of line. Normally, I would have given you the benefit of the doubt, but because you specifically said "white slave" when refering to a group of pilots in general who you don't know, that let me know your thoughts were intentional and infcat they were.

HawkerF/O said:
Pilots were White Slaves? Why was it necessary for you to even mention a race? Why? Good thing there are no Black pilots. Hispanic or Asain pilots either. I didn't know pilots were only white.

Lead Sled, I don't EVER want to hear you talking/whining about how some black, woman, or hispanic is getting a job when there is some poor qualified white guy that gets passed over. It's that type up unintenional thing that "slips out" that reveals the real you. It's because of things like that that minorities get preference at times. Why don't you think about what you say and do so the playing field can be leveled.

I'm not a "black/white" guy. You don't know me, but there are a couple of folks on here that do, and they've never heard me talk about blacks get this or whites get this. Not my style. But what you said was out of line. Normally, I would have given you the benefit of the doubt, but because you specifically said "white slave" when refering to a group of pilots in general who you don't know, that let me know your thoughts were intentional and infcat they were.

Lighten up, Francis.

SCT said:
My fellow "corp" brothers.....let me answer this fine regional aviator!

B-J-J-Fighter,

I'll gladly "carry" the boss's suitcase or briefcase to/from the aircraft. (Even though 90% of the time he won't let me take it from him). I have no problem pouring him a coffee or a drink on a rare occasion that he does not grab it himself. I have no problem leaving later than the proposed departure time because his meeting has ran longer than expected. (It's his plane and his business pays my salary. And he even calls sincerely when he'll be more then 30 minutes late.)

Mean while, I'll collect my six figure pay, sit in nice destinations (except TEB) for several days on the company money, fly new- well maintained equipment, and enjoy my time off.

On the other hand, BJJ, even though you refuse to carry the CEO's briefcase....I'm sure you will have a great career in aviation as a 121 FO. Making 20-25+ the first year to fly a "jet". Staying in a flophouse in NEW with several other pilots. But hey, you are flying a "jet", I'm sure your old CFI buddies are pretty impressed! And if the industry ever gets straightened out, you might have a chance to "fly" one of the big jets for the majors......maybe someday. And if your airline doesn't furlough you or go bankrupt, you might actually make it to the left seat. But hey, you are an "Airline" pilot!

Meanwhile, I'm going down to Miami for the week and I'll gladly "belittle" myself by getting the boss's suitcase off the airplane.

Seriously, though...I think this is where the airlines our F..ing up. We provide a service and you guys just drive the bus.

Best of luck,

Well said and spot on!

Latest resources

Back