The Lanyard Police

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Watch out for the lanyard police! :uzi:

I was at the gate non-revving to work this morning and I had a passenger in line next to me look me up & down with a sort of dirty look, then lean in close and ask:

(PAX) "They let you wear that to work?"

(ME) "Uhm, let me wear WHAT to work?"

(PAX) "that neckstrap-thing holding your pilot ID. Is that allowed?"

(ME) "Why, yes it is. Does the job just fine, thanks for asking!"

(PAX) "Well, I think it's wrong. It shouldn't be allowed."

I have a lanyard holding my badge that reads (in pretty small print) "I LOVE JESUS".....not because I'm a harcore Bible thumper (I AM NOT), but because it's simply navy & white and has a heavy-duty clasp on it that I happen to really like. I mean, it's not like it says "Grey Goose Vodka Lover", "#1 Devil Worshiper" or "I heart ALPA". :eek:

I know people who have Dutch Flags, their kid's school football team, Hello Kitty and sports team lanyards. God forbid she sees any stickers on some of our crew bags & cases! I haven't seen any company policy dictating lanyard ettiqette. What's everyone else wearing? :)

-FW

Only in America!!!!!

Ahhhh, the Megadeth lanyard. That would be GREAT! :beer:
As for myself, I'm trying to wrangle a STARBUCKS one off the baristas at the shop near my house.....

Because when I tell most people that I work at American Eagle, they say "Oooh! Which store at which mall?" (assuming the clothes store). Maybe I'll just claim Starbucks from now on. Seems more reputable...:D

-FW

Last edited:
I can't imagine anyone who dosen't believe in God or Jesus flying me and my family around. We know now what happens when people who believe in Allah take over our planes. I'm not scared to post this and people that disagree can kiss it.

Since when is "I Love Jesus" a commercial slogan????
My lanyard is neither tacky nor unprofessional. I am not procelatizing to the masses. My point being that the PC nazis are everywhere and for some reason love to take something simple & harmless and turn it into a fight, or at the very least a self-righteous rant in the ticket line.

I personally, find her "disgust" very funny. Now shopping for a lanyard that will really offend. :p

-FW

No bible thumper (as I'm into my 10th drink or so....), but how about......
"Q: What would Jesus fly into the World Trade Center?? A: " Nothing, it's Mohammed's job."

I'll be happy to make them if I get enough potential orders............

No bible thumper (as I'm into my 10th drink or so....), but how about......
"Q: What would Jesus fly into the World Trade Center?? A: " Nothing, it's Mohammed's job."

I'll be happy to make them if I get enough potential orders............

Right on bro! Whatever will piss em' off. After 3 furloughs and 3 airlines in 10 years I just don't care about stuff like this anymore.

Earlier this year:

Pax: Your airline sucks, the flight to LAX is late.

Me (Commuting on different flight/working for different company) Huh?

Pax: You heard what I said, your airline sucks. I hope you go out of business. Now tell me where I can find a gate agent to talk to about this.

Me: (I start to eat my sandwich) Sorry, can't help.

Pax: Can't or won't! You don't even care do you.

Me: No sir I don't. I don't work for this company, I'm not flying to LA, and I could give rats ass if you get there today. (I continue to eat my sandwich)

To my surprise the guy actually thought this was funny. He just laughed said he understood and walked off. Anyway yes, this was unprofessional, and no I don't care. Wear whatever lanyard you want, personally I just clip mine on. The next pax to complain about that to me will get a personal tour of all of the "non PC.....sorry Socially Accurate" stickers on my flight case. Oh, and If I'm flying it, she won't be coming with us.

I can't imagine anyone who dosen't believe in God or Jesus flying me and my family around. We know now what happens when people who believe in Allah take over our planes. I'm not scared to post this and people that disagree can kiss it.

??? I believe in physics and it says "Buddhist" on my dogtags. While that suffice?

I love the conditional tolerance of libtards in this country...

You should have told this passenger that salvation of their heathen soul can only come through Grace and acceptance of Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior. Then smiled and wished them a very nice day. :D

I have a University of Kentucky lanyard to wear once the NCAA basketball season starts. Hopefully, I won't have to wear it in shame after every Florida game this season.

Latest resources

Back