Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

FoxyWhiskey

Watch out for the lanyard police! :uzi:

I was at the gate non-revving to work this morning and I had a passenger in line next to me look me up & down with a sort of dirty look, then lean in close and ask:

(PAX) "They let you wear that to work?"

(ME) "Uhm, let me wear WHAT to work?"

(PAX) "that neckstrap-thing holding your pilot ID. Is that allowed?"

(ME) "Why, yes it is. Does the job just fine, thanks for asking!"

(PAX) "Well, I think it's wrong. It shouldn't be allowed."

I have a lanyard holding my badge that reads (in pretty small print) "I LOVE JESUS".....not because I'm a harcore Bible thumper (I AM NOT), but because it's simply navy & white and has a heavy-duty clasp on it that I happen to really like. I mean, it's not like it says "Grey Goose Vodka Lover", "#1 Devil Worshiper" or "I heart ALPA". :eek:

I know people who have Dutch Flags, their kid's school football team, Hello Kitty and sports team lanyards. God forbid she sees any stickers on some of our crew bags & cases! I haven't seen any company policy dictating lanyard ettiqette. What's everyone else wearing? :)

-FW

Last edited:
Watch out for the lanyard police! :uzi:

I was at the gate non-revving to work this morning and I had a passenger in line next to me look me up & down with a sort of dirty look, then lean in close and ask:

(PAX) "They let you wear that to work?"

(ME) "Uhm, let me wear WHAT to work?"

(PAX) "that neckstrap-thing holding your pilot ID. Is that allowed?"

(ME) "Why, yes it is. Does the job just fine, thanks for asking!"

(PAX) "Well, I think it's wrong. It shouldn't be allowed."

I have a lanyard holding my badge that reads (in pretty small print) "I LOVE JESUS".....not because I'm a harcore Bible thumper, but because it's simply navy & white and has a heavy-duty clasp on it that I happen to really like. I mean, it's not like it says "Grey Goose Vodka Lover", "#1 Devil Worshiper" or "I heart ALPA". :eek:

I know people who have Dutch Flags, their kid's school football team, Hello Kitty and sports team lanyards. God forbid she sees any stickers on some of our crew bags & cases! I haven't seen any company policy dictating lanyard ettiqette. What's everyone else wearing? :)

-FW

I bet if it said "I LOVE SECULAR ATHIOCRACY" she wouldn't have said a thing, except maybe "Wow! Where'd you get that cool lanyard!"

I'm not a hard core Bible thumper either (not even close), but I'd wear a Jesus lanyard just to tick off any PC nazi who could possibly be ticked off by a Jesus lanyard. :beer:

I happen to wear a Grey Goose lanyard. Have done so a few years now. Never heard boo from anyone. Not much for vodka, I got it from a rep. I would like to have a Patron Silver one instead. Nothing beats that last glass of Patron before the 8hrs.

I'm not a hard core Bible thumper either (not even close), but I'd wear a Jesus lanyard just to tick off any PC nazi who could possibly be ticked off by a Jesus lanyard. :beer:
For the very reason stated above, I’d like to know where I can get my hands on one of these lanyards… These PC nut-jobs hide behind freedom of speech as they do everything in their power to destroy it.

Oh, and I have a friend who goes to St. Cloud State Univ... I guess the PC Nazi's have gone so far off the deep end you can't even say "PC" or "Politically Correct," doing such will draw boos from the crowd of ultra-lib students.. the preferred terminology is "Socially Accurate"... what a load of B.S.... because normally being "PC" means ignoring reality for something that is more palatable to the defenders of immorality.

I love beer and cheap woman! but i can't find one that has that written on it.

I would have stuck my flight bag up their asz and then reported them to TSA for making a threat.

A threat...where did you get that. Just clip the id on you shirt and move on. You probably where yours while in civilian clothes jumpseating so they know you work for an airline right? I work for an airline look at me......

Latest resources

Back