• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The Lanyard Police

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Umm, dimwit, by saying that I was afraid he knew something I didn't, I was being sarcastic. In other words, did he know we were about to crash, and I didn't etc.

Anyway, I'm quite familliar with the local Christian church, and what they don't have to offer, thanks.

You should fight fire with, well, fire. Break out your Sam Harris or Richard Dawkins book the next time a Holy Spirit led Christian takes out his Bible to do a little scripture reading!

Just knock it off below ten. Peace.

Heyas,

Actually, some of the "mildest" and most pleasant Christians I've come across in my travels are the Mormons.

Unfailingly polite, clean, and pleasant...I've never had one try to push anything or hassle me in any way about anything. In fact, they won't even mention it unless you ask. They leave the sales jobs to their youth which they send out door to door, but they also are clean cut and polite, and will stay shooed away if you tell them to go away.

Just about every Mormon I've met I'd be happy to call a friend (they also seem to have organizational skills which makes big jobs much easier...a bunch of people show up knowing exactly what to do), which is something I CAN'T say about the local fundamentalist church.

Nu

PS Before anyone asks, I'm Episcopal, which means "Catholic Lite". As I understand it, there is no hell, just purgatory, and even that is similar to the snack bar after the 9th hole on the golf course....some place to hang out until the rain stops.

Read "Under the Banner of Heaven". Very enlightening. It's not "main stream" Mormonism for the most part but shows what can happen (like with ANY religion) when people get extreme. And make sure you check this out while we're on this subject.
http://www.thatvideosite.com/video/4169

Those folks are really sick. I'm gonna cross Topeka Kansas off my "places to vacation" list. I can tolerate just about everything except intolerance.

But what about falling for me huh? You obviously haven't seen these two pythons otherwise known as biceps have you?

Come on mega, you know I'm the :bomb:

Oh baby, but do you have the buns hun?

Sorry Scrap, Capt. Megadeth's heart belongs to someone special already.

STOP QUOTING PAGE-LONG POSTS YOU FVCKING NERDS!!!!

LANYARDS SIMPLY DENOTE WHO WENT FROM BEING A LATCH-KEY KID, TO BE A LATCH-KEY ADULT!!!

I'm religeous, but the only thing that I speak up about is when the hotel van driver puts the Christian station on the radio. They either turn it off at my request, or pick up their last paycheck when they get back from the airport.

That is exactly what is wrong with this country. People forcing their likes and dislikes on other people or throwing a hissy when they don't get their way. What is to you if you have to listen to a radio station you don't like for a ten minute van ride? Have a little courtesy for the driver who is in the van all day. Van service is a privilege, by the way, not a right.

I don't like hip-hop but I don't threaten to have the driver fired if he won't change the station.

If I were the hotel manager you complained to, I'd have you get another accomodations for the night.

Last edited:
take your religion out of the cockpit, and back to the welfare line with the rest of the majority of thumpers

Nice stereotyping. Totally off base though. Did you know that the Bible actually says:
Second Thessalonians - Chapter 3:10
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]10. For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man will not work, he shall not eat." [/FONT]​

So much for welfare!

The Bible actually teaches a good work ethic, something a lot of Americans need to learn. And the Bible talks more about good financial management than it does Hell.

Nice stereotyping. Totally off base though. Did you know that the Bible actually says:

So much for welfare!

The Bible actually teaches a good work ethic, something a lot of Americans need to learn. And the Bible talks more about good financial management than it does Hell.
Ada boy Blue !

If this comment was aimed at me;
take your religion out of the cockpit, and back to the welfare line with the rest of the majority of thumpers
then you really do need to read "Under the Banner of Heaven". It's by Jon Krakauer and is anything but Bible thumping.

Latest resources

Back