• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The Lanyard Police

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hahaha I love it when a captain pulls out his bible to read it in-flight. I'm not sure if I should be scared because he knows something I dont, or scared because he's trying to start up a proselytizing session...

If you're afraid he knows something you don't (and he does if only by his faith and beliefs) then I encourage you to check it out, go for a test ride. Visit a local christian church with a good reputation, get a book about Jesus and find out for youself the answer to the question he asked his disciples in the gospels: "Who do YOU say that I am?"

Jesus is THE MOST enigmatic, attractive, and accessible religious personality ever, IMO. Blows away Mohammed, Budda, and all the others.

My mother use to tell me that there are two things you don't discuss outside your home, politics, and religion. I wish more people would take that to heart.

So, what would our communities, our cities, our states, our nation, be like if everyone behaved like how your mother used to tell you? - BOORINGG! Politeness paired with thoughtfulness and respect goes a long way toward nurturing and maintaining a healthy society.

I talk about politics and religion with strangers, friends, and relatives all the time, you just have to respect others boundaries and preferences. If they don't want to talk, you don't have to talk. They'll let you know if you've gone too far.

Besides, politics and religion are IMPORTANT issues right? If only politicians and clergy talked about religion, the way our society functions would be disabled, and I won't stand for that.

STOP QUOTING PAGE-LONG POSTS YOU FVCKING NERDS!!!!

LANYARDS SIMPLY DENOTE WHO WENT FROM BEING A LATCH-KEY KID, TO BE A LATCH-KEY ADULT!!!

I'm religeous, but the only thing that I speak up about is when the hotel van driver puts the Christian station on the radio. They either turn it off at my request, or pick up their last paycheck when they get back from the airport.

If you're afraid he knows something you don't (and he does if only by his faith and beliefs) then I encourage you to check it out, go for a test ride. Visit a local christian church with a good reputation, get a book about Jesus and find out for youself the answer to the question he asked his disciples in the gospels: "Who do YOU say that I am?"

Jesus is THE MOST enigmatic, attractive, and accessible religious personality ever, IMO. Blows away Mohammed, Budda, and all the others.

Umm, dimwit, by saying that I was afraid he knew something I didn't, I was being sarcastic. In other words, did he know we were about to crash, and I didn't etc.

Anyway, I'm quite familliar with the local Christian church, and what they don't have to offer, thanks.

You should have said that Jesus was your latin lover.

Latest resources

Back