• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The Fate of SWA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Recently I was in LBB with a Pinnacle "Delta Connection" RJ a few gates away. SWA might not trust us to go to Mexico, but Delta does not trust you to go to LUBBOCK. :laugh:

Another thing that I think is really, really cool - ALL SWA flying is done by SWA pilots on the SWA seniority list, period.[/QUOTE]

Unless it is code-share flying.

Recently I was in LBB with a Pinnacle "Delta Connection" RJ a few gates away. SWA might not trust us to go to Mexico, but Delta does not trust you to go to LUBBOCK. :laugh:

Another thing that I think is really, really cool - ALL SWA flying is done by SWA pilots on the SWA seniority list, period.[/QUOTE]

Unless it is code-share flying.

I just checked, and we have no code share partners.

My favorite airport story:

I was trudging through Amarillo airport on the way to the hotel. Behind me was a Delta CA/FO doing the same. Incidentally, on my flight case was a giant SWA sticker.

Delta CA: What airline do you work for? (looking at my Giant SWA sticker)

Me: Prior to SWA, Delta. I got furloughed three years ago....

Delta CA: oh...

Priceless!

My favorite airport story:

I was trudging through Amarillo airport on the way to the hotel. Behind me was a Delta CA/FO doing the same. Incidentally, on my flight case was a giant SWA sticker.

Delta CA: What airline do you work for? (looking at my Giant SWA sticker)

Me: Prior to SWA, Delta. I got furloughed three years ago....

Delta CA: oh...

Priceless!

YES! Hey wait.....did you just say there was a DELTA crew in AMA? General, I thought you guys were too good for that?????

YES! Hey wait.....did you just say there was a DELTA crew in AMA? General, I thought you guys were too good for that?????

cue the response about Paris, widebodies, and LBB in 3, 2, 1...

10 pages, minimum.

Last edited:
my favorite airport story:

I was trudging through amarillo airport on the way to the hotel. Behind me was a delta ca/fo doing the same. Incidentally, on my flight case was a giant swa sticker.

Delta ca: What airline do you work for? (looking at my giant swa sticker)

me: Prior to swa, delta. I got furloughed three years ago....

Delta ca: Oh...

Priceless!

nice!

Hey! Lol we will get off are high horse when delta starts to ride in the same hotel van! Lol. I can't wait till we buy delta. I will be busting your ballzzz in the crew room.

So, you like ballzz, eh? Sorry, I don't go that way, not that there is anything wrong with that......

We won't ride the same van with you guys? Come on now, that is an urban myth. If that ever did happen to you, that would be one in a million, and I am sure you have guys like that too that want their own van. Unfortunately I don't get to see you guys often in the same van, since I fly INTL routes. You know, my company trusts us to fly outside the contiguous 48 states. Maybe someday I will see you guys in the same Van----maybe in CANADA? Good luck with that, and have a Fantastic day in ELP, twice.

Bye Bye--General Lee

My favorite Delta van story goes like this..

Riding down to the lobby on a SAN overnight a Delta CA turns to me (a newhire at SW) and says "is there anywhere you guys go that you don't bring 30 aircraft?"

I just chuckled a little bit because I really didn't know what he was talking about, then the elevator door opened and the ENTIRE lobby was full of SW crews from wall to wall. Then I knew what he was asking.

As far as going to Mexico, I'm sure it and other international destinations will be in the future much to the disbelief of the General.

I'll glady continue to fly to LBB, MAF, ISP and the rest of those cities OURSELVES. The only other carriers that I see there are names that end in the word Express.

Great, you have 30 planes sitting around at night at some airports. Ever been to ATL? (Oh wait, you can't right now) It is the BUSIEST airport in the world, and we have more widebodies and narrowbodies flying through there than anyone else (70% of the traffic). Constant 757s and bigger. Think of all of the "Caution Wake turbulence" calls you would get going in there? (Ask your future seniority list buddies the Airtran guys) Not that impressed with your gaggle of 737s at night.....

And face it, your management wanted Volaris and Westjet to fly all INTL routes initially, primarily because they knew you were stressed out learning how to use VNAV. You just can't handle everything at once, so they have to spread it out over years apparently.

And have you seen or read anything about the number of RJs Delta is parking now? Did you hear that DL won a lawsuit yesterday to help shut down Freedom Air (a part of Mesa)? That is 22 more going away. And, DL is hiring in the Fall (mainline), and rumors are even more next year. You should throw in your app so you can relax a bit more and avoid MAF. Do it. If I am your Captain, again, I will buy 3rd and 5th beers, and 1 six piece hot wings (mild please). Fantastic!

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest resources

Back