• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The Big January Bid at SWA for AT

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Lots of used aircraft from all over the world are up at PAE right now in conversion (even some -700s from Alaska!)....something like about 15 total for this year I thought I heard. Not nearly enough to offset the 88 717s going over to Mother Delta, I know, but these used acft plus the continuing steady delivery of new -800s from Boeing is at least a good down payment on closing the deficit. Hopefully a whole lot more aircraft will be going through conversion next year, too. I'm wondering, though, if these acft may just be short-term place-holders in the fleet until the Max starts arriving in big numbers. Only time will tell...

From Flight Ops Training Topics 02/14.

Retiring Classics 2014: 1-300, 3-500's
Retiring NG's 2014: 0
New NG's acquired 2014: 33-800's
Used NG's acquired 2014: 20-700's

Net change 737's 2014: Plus 49

I know we added 20 new 800's in 2013 but am not sure of net retirements that year.

Delta's published acceptance schedule shows 36 717's transitioning in 2014. Even if you add that to the 16 delivered in 2013, that's a total of 52 delivered to Delta in 2013-14.

http://airchive.com/blog/2013/07/18/deltas-first-717-flights-atlanta-newark-on-september-19th/

http://centreforaviation.com/analys...pproach-to-growth-with-deferral-of-737s-74365

Any truth to the rumor about a FLL base? FA's, Pilots or both?

It's a rumor, it makes sense. So no, no hope.... They also said they would never go back to DEN, SFO, or open LAS as a crew base.

Please do not mistake me for a company apologist. I joined the 5th & 20th club a long time ago. Just posting some fleet info I've seen/heard for anybodies info who cares (or not).

No worries. Just my cynical side coming out, I guess we've all just had the football yanked away too many times.

From Flight Ops Training Topics 02/14.

Retiring Classics 2014: 1-300, 3-500's
Retiring NG's 2014: 0
New NG's acquired 2014: 33-800's
Used NG's acquired 2014: 20-700's

Net change 737's 2014: Plus 49

I know we added 20 new 800's in 2013 but am not sure of net retirements that year.

Delta's published acceptance schedule shows 36 717's transitioning in 2014. Even if you add that to the 16 delivered in 2013, that's a total of 52 delivered to Delta in 2013-14.

http://airchive.com/blog/2013/07/18/deltas-first-717-flights-atlanta-newark-on-september-19th/

http://centreforaviation.com/analys...pproach-to-growth-with-deferral-of-737s-74365
Plus 24 deliveries and any used jets they come upon in '15 will offset the remaining 717s.

Big plus ups in Dallas and Bwi for October vacancy. Atlanta steady....I find this interesting. I think ATL may be big in the initial big january bid for air tran transitions. SWA will do anything to save a buck and that might save a lot of paid moves. Not sure how that works for air tran transitions tho. Just talking out of my ass here....uneducated guess.

Big plus ups in Dallas and Bwi for October vacancy. Atlanta steady....I find this interesting. I think ATL may be big in the initial big january bid for air tran transitions. SWA will do anything to save a buck and that might save a lot of paid moves. Not sure how that works for air tran transitions tho. Just talking out of my ass here....uneducated guess.

Wright Amendment finally goes away in its entirety in October. Lots of DAL growth, especially longer haul, when that happens. Hence the base growth.

Bubba

Latest resources

Back