The Big January Bid at SWA for AT

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Humvee, why can't you pick them up? Serious question

The TT in ELITT stands for trip trade. Not trip pick up. But the ELITT screen is chock full of 3 and 4 day trips. For show as far as I can tell. Then when no one trades for them they are put up for open bid (pick up) 4 days out or covered by reserve (not). The trips are usually pieced out bit by bit to avoid premium and allow multiple bases to get a chunk of the 3/4 Day. I guess that makes it more capitalistic, but I don't find it advantageous.

Don't want to trade. Want to pick up an occasional weekend trip or 3 day if a have a big stretch of days off. It would be nice to so that 2 weeks out. I'm talking days off to working, not trip for a trip.

The TT in ELITT stands for trip trade. Not trip pick up. But the ELITT screen is chock full of 3 and 4 day trips. For show as far as I can tell. Then when no one trades for them they are put up for open bid (pick up) 4 days out or covered by reserve (not). The trips are usually pieced out bit by bit to avoid premium and allow multiple bases to get a chunk of the 3/4 Day. I guess that makes it more capitalistic, but I don't find it advantageous.

In a nutshell, the reason that little tidbit of a restriction is in there is so senior guys can bid on that trip at premium when no one can trade into it.

Don't want to trade. Want to pick up an occasional weekend trip or 3 day if a have a big stretch of days off. It would be nice to so that 2 weeks out. I'm talking days off to working, not trip for a trip.

You can trade a 3day for 2 2days or for a 3day and another 2day or for a 3day and a turn. You can always pick stuff up out of ELITT....the mechanism is through trading. If you have all Sunday 3days and you see a Thursday-Friday 2day that you want, all you have to do is trade for that and another trip and then trade the other trip for your original sunday trip. Is that what you're trying to do? Through trading, you end up with your Sunday trips plus the Thursday Friday 2day...thus, you picked it up from ELITT almost instantaneously with no company involvement.

Last edited:
Humber,

There is almost always guys giving stuff away all days of the week. Especially three days or four days. Turns and two days don't last very long though. Why help the company out. Take trips from your fellow pilots wanting to work less if you want it at straight time.

Last edited:
Humber,

There is almost always guys giving stuff away all days of the week. Especially three days or four days. Turns and two days don't last very long though. Why help the company out. Take trips from your fellow pilots wanting to work less if you want it at straight time.

Very true .

On the SWAPA Fourm there is even a pilot offering money to take his trips :)

How come Lear is not on FI anymore :)

Latest resources

Back