• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The ASA Dulles Deal

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Why? When you're non-reving in civies do you say "Hi" to every other passenger you see? Why should every "pilot" have to say "Hi" to every "pilot" they see in uniform? I'm a far cry from "Generation Me". I think it's more that the young kids think its "cool" that they're pilots and have to tell everyone, whereas the older generation could give a crap less.

Oooh!!! I'm a police officer!! Hi!!

That's a lesson the Delta pilots could really learn. You could ride the escalator with them or be next to them waiting for the train, and they'll ignore you up until the moment they find out they have to ask you for the jumpseat for them to get home.

When I based in LGA, BOS, and LAX flying DelCon they DAL guys were always friendly. Maybe it has to do with the natural culture that goes along with smaller bases.

When I based in CVG, it seemed a bit more anonymous and akin to what you reference above. Not a slam on the CVG guys, just an observation.

Don't take it personally, but the Atlanta gentlemen you speak of give everyone dirty looks. It's one of the most unfriendly pilot groups I've run into. We don't even acknowledge each other in the concourses.

No-

We just don't acknowledge YOU...

We high-five and bump kuckles all over the place, but your mom dresses you funny, and you smell strange (not to mention that "fashion-forward" "bowl-cut" you are sporting these days,) so we just pretend YOU don't exist....

-Nothing personal-but you're just a huge dork!

Last edited:
How do they expect to have enough crews if this were to start in February? I could see being staffed properly if it was in May when the 20 200's for Delta were gone, but in Feb they'll still be operating for Delta. Or are we supposed to have another huge loss of flying like we have sustained in September and October?

20 aircraft and 30 pilots don't add up either. If they plan on staffing with "flow thru" pilots, it'll fail due to delays, cancellations, etc.

How do they expect to have enough crews if this were to start in February? I could see being staffed properly if it was in May when the 20 200's for Delta were gone, but in Feb they'll still be operating for Delta. Or are we supposed to have another huge loss of flying like we have sustained in September and October?

SKW crews to the rescue. :rolleyes:

Am I the only one that missed the press release on this flying the ASA guys got?

The "press release" was from SH's mouth-supposedly (he is usually completely full of crap.) I am just hoping he was actually telling the truth-for once.

Latest resources

Back