The ASA Dulles Deal

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Jumpers,

Good insight. One comment though. Actually the timeline and method is perfect for INC. Remember my original thread starter; SH said this would be a TRIAL period. That makes this whole ordeal come across as a "reward" for agreeing to PBS "concepts". In order to keep and grow it, they'll be dangling the full vote carrot. Thus, all the hype about ORD possibilities and explosive opportunitities due to RAH and other stuff. But all that will be implied to be contingent on PBS. They'll say things like, "this will happen as long as we contain our costs".

This isn't even a new concept for INC. They did it when the bought us in the first place. They paid Delta 300 Million up front and "rewarded" them another 125 Million for reaffirming their contract in BK court.

What's most important is that we have a "good relationship" with them. No need to kick 'em in the twins over PBS as long as they keep making good on all their promises. If we do a good job and build a good working relationship with INC, life could get better here.

The "trial" isn't between the pilots and management. The "trial" is between ASA as a company and United. If we don't prove ourselves effective in IAD, United will remove us from the flying. This has NOTHING to do with PBS.

You guys are just as bad as the 9/11 conspiracy theorists. It's all a ploy!!!! LOL

It will be interesting to see what happens to this "United Flying" when United merges with Continental Airlines in the future.

When does Chautauqua stop flying to Continental? Could be another opportunity for Skywest Inc. to move in.

The way this thread has progressed, this whole thing is pretty much a done deal.

With expectations and confidence seemingly so high, I hope this actually happens for you guys & doesn't fall apart...

I don't believe anything until I see it in an "official" company memo/email. I've heard this rumor since we were purchased by SkyWest Inc. Hope it happens but I wouldn't put my house up for sale yet. DFW, SLC, & LAX, guessing IAD is the next -EX ASA base...whatever had those and not gonna do it again.

It will be interesting to see what happens to this "United Flying" when United merges with Continental Airlines in the future.

When does Chautauqua stop flying to Continental? Could be another opportunity for Skywest Inc. to move in.
Again, the flying you don't have yet. But according to all of you, your doing it already

No Sam, nobody has said we are doing it already. Jealous much? It has been said by many people that top managers have directly told people that the deal is done, and the announcement will be made formally as soon as the papers are signed. Maybe it's not true, who knows. But people are only speculating on what they have been told. You act like we're all making this up......like it's 'imaginary'.

Is anyone else concerned about the wisdom of hitching our wagon to arguably the weakest horse in the race? Small, modest additional flying is clearly better than continual shrinkage. However, the wild rumors of huge growth are more than a little disconcerting. Sure this is a good idea?

Thats funny, I always bring that point up at my company and NOBODY seems to understand it. Never mind the way UAL treats their express carriers in general.

But something to consider, considering where UAL is headquartered, and where the current president is "from", does anybody REALLY think that UAL would be allowed to go out of business?

The "trial" isn't between the pilots and management. The "trial" is between ASA as a company and United. If we don't prove ourselves effective in IAD, United will remove us from the flying. This has NOTHING to do with PBS.

You guys are just as bad as the 9/11 conspiracy theorists. It's all a ploy!!!! LOL

Assuming this is all true, and UAL isn't pleased with the product, what is UAL going to do then? Put out ANOTHER RFP so that 9+ companies can bid on it and screw each other over by lowballing everybody else?

whaat you wouldn't do it w/ the 'white dragon' :eek:

Yeah- Keep yur distance from the "white dragon" you damn sure would catch some sort unfortunate communicable disease from trying to "chest bump" that thing!

-Terrible mental image-thanks....

I predicted months ago y'all would be flying UEX out of IAD.

I'll go ahead and predict also that y'all will agree to get PBS at some point, probably sooner than later.

Latest resources

Back