• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The ASA Dulles Deal

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
He's probably not. It's all probably a set-up to say, 'see......we needed PBS, oh well, you guys blew it'.

He's probably not. It's all probably a set-up to say, 'see......we needed PBS, oh well, you guys blew it'.

Very good point...

What would stop SKYW INC from giving all this flying to Skywest folks anyhow, before the ink is dry on the PBS deal?

-Scary times-unscrupulous mgmt. I don't trust SH any further than I could throw Michael Moore.

Not discounting what you are saying, and it is certainly not cool to give other pilots from your sister co. any dirty looks, etc.

and

Anyway, if (never happen) we ever show up in ORD, I hope we all don't sneer at each other.

We could just merge the seniority lists into one big happy family and solve that little problem. Almost 4400 pilots strong.

I cannot believe it made it to 4 pages before anyone else suggested this.

We could just merge the seniority lists into one big happy family and solve that little problem. Almost 4400 pilots strong.

I cannot believe it made it to 4 pages before anyone else suggested this.
...Yup.

Seriously, in ATL if I said hi to every pilot I passed I'd lose my voice by the end of a 4 day. Do people really get offended if someone doesn't acknowledge their presence? Go look in a mirror- that guy will say hello and wave back until your heart's content.

I think when ever we see another fellow airmen in the terminal or concourse, we should always chest bump with about at least a three ft. vertical jump.
This would be really cool with the female pilots!

Skywest Inc. isn't going to let this stuff slide away without a fight. The flying IS going to another carrier, so why not us? My philosophy is that a kick @$$ offense is your best defense. I'm sure Inc's view on the matter is the same way. The only thing I am unsure of is the quantity of aircraft flown.

We won't be understaffed because the flying is going to start with a few initial airframes and DAL isn't going to put up a fight when they are trying to cut capacity, and are foaming at the mouth to take seats off the market. There will be no staffing overlap durring the transfer.

I'm thinking the base is going to be a mix of the extremely senior, and extremely junior, with no "in between". However, I'd be willing to think that a large number of the ABA club will fill the ranks (anywhere but Atlanta).

As for this being bait for PBS- not this time. The announcement will come far ahead of the vote for PBS. We're looking at a couple of months tops for the UAL flying, and about four months minimum for the PBS language finalization, implimentation, and voting results. The timeline doesn't add up for this "bait and switch".

As I've said earlier, this is just a move to prevent further errosion from our company- not growth. We're merely keeping what we've got- surely not bad given this economy and time in the industry. Especially when so many other companys are retrenching. Any further growth will come through the cancellation or failed renewal of RepubliShuttle with DAL/UAL. Word I'm catching is their bid to "Go it alone" is angering their contractual partners. How long do you think UAL will fund competition in their Denver hub????? This certainly explains ASA's intrest in aquiring more 50's and some 700's/900's.

Our quickest way to get the furloughs back, and to take care of our own, is to make this work. If we go into IAD and handle it as well as we do Atlanta- we're going to be alright. Not to blow things out of proportion here, but I'm sure we can agree that we make Atlanta work as smooth as it does- we're capable of the same in Dulles. As long as we control what we can control, and do it well, we're going to be in the drivers seat for more options down the road- 20 airframes isn't going to produce the revenue we need on the United side- more airframes make the "juice worth the squeeze".

I think when ever we see another fellow airmen in the terminal or concourse, we should always chest bump with about at least a three ft. vertical jump.
This would be really cool with the female pilots!

-Well, some of them...

Jumpers,

Good insight. One comment though. Actually the timeline and method is perfect for INC. Remember my original thread starter; SH said this would be a TRIAL period. That makes this whole ordeal come across as a "reward" for agreeing to PBS "concepts". In order to keep and grow it, they'll be dangling the full vote carrot. Thus, all the hype about ORD possibilities and explosive opportunitities due to RAH and other stuff. But all that will be implied to be contingent on PBS. They'll say things like, "this will happen as long as we contain our costs".

This isn't even a new concept for INC. They did it when the bought us in the first place. They paid Delta 300 Million up front and "rewarded" them another 125 Million for reaffirming their contract in BK court.

What's most important is that we have a "good relationship" with them. No need to kick 'em in the twins over PBS as long as they keep making good on all their promises. If we do a good job and build a good working relationship with INC, life could get better here.

Is anyone else concerned about the wisdom of hitching our wagon to arguably the weakest horse in the race? Small, modest additional flying is clearly better than continual shrinkage. However, the wild rumors of huge growth are more than a little disconcerting. Sure this is a good idea?

Latest resources

Back