• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The American crawl is back....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Rush, rush, rush. Push, push, push. Just to make a few extra bucks. The SWA motto.

Guess you never heard the old saying...Haste makes waste. I guess when you have 500 airplanes, you can wreck a few here and there. Considering the fines you guys pay, looks like that philosophy applies to the maintenance department, too.

Still deflecting I see. Hey dumbazz, pay attention! We're talking about taxi speeds here. Those two incidents have nothing to do with taxiing. Nothing. Are you really that obtuse, or are you just deflecting because you've already admitted that YOU are one of those taxi-like-an-ant guys? Come to think of it, is that the Alaska motto? Or just the Fubijaakr motto? Ironically to make a few extra bucks, as you said, and then gave SWA guys crap about.

Also, if you think about your own airline's history, I'm sure you'll realize that you really don't really want to compare safety records and wrecking airplanes, especially when you bring up maintenance departments. You know what I mean?

Putz.

Bubba

You folks especially you SW guys don't get it. I fully support an AA pilot group that has been set up to get screwed. Will management get screwed....NO. Management understands one thing and that's money. I highly doubt the AA guys are "padding their paychecks." They are intent on costing AA money on misconects ect. You folks who think that management will come around and play fair after 5 years of negotiating are high.

Good luck to all you AA guys. If I get stuck behind you, which happens all the time in ORD, I have no problem with it. In fact I question the week sisters that are not doing it.

Eagle-- I DO get it, but I don't think you get what we're saying.

If AA wants to crawl-taxi for strategic purposes during their management and BK issues, I don't have a problem with that. More power to 'em. And I never said it was "padding their paychecks." I said that Fubijaakr and guys like him crawl-taxi to pad their paychecks (he gets paid by the minute), and to be honest, I don't care about that either. What I DO care about is people crawl-taxiing for whatever reason they have, and inconveniencing others who are NOT in the same position. That's inconsiderate and unprofessional, and in the Fubi-greed guys case, narcissistic.

There are ways to do what AA guys (and Fubi, for that matter) want to do withOUT screwing others. Taxi at a normal speed and then pull over. Rerun paperwork. Rerun data. Tell ground you're resolving a passenger issue or something. You're waiting on your numbers. Ask for a different runway, and taxi at the speed of snot on taxiways that other folks are not using. Whatever. Just don't screw the other pilots. Think about it, Eagle: how'd you like to barely miss your commute flight because it took you 27 minutes to taxi to the runway behind Fubijaakr when it should have taken you 8-10 minutes at the most? He's got his extra $5 for that flight, and you get to buy a hotel room and not go home that night. Wow, that seems fair.

Now Fubijaakr will undoubtedly come on again, and post something about SWA always rushing, and probably even bring up our two overruns again. Why? That's him. Does it have anything to do with the thread topic? No, of course not. We're talking about taxiing excessively slow for personal reasons, and he wants to make it about fast taxiing. So he'll continue to deflect and spin anti-SWA, because he said something really stupid, and doesn't know how to take it back. He'll keep trying to steer the conversation another way, and hope that you forget that he's a self-centered, egotistical putz. That's our Fubi!

Just thought you should know.

Bubba

I can make more $$$ in a month by logging less hours per trip.

I understand the "crawl" thing, and due to contractual issues, have done it myself in previous lives, BUT, if there was someone behind me, I'd pick it up or let them by. Have a little consideration for your fellow professionals.

I've been hosed by the "crAAwl" a bunch of times over the years, but the record has to be the time I got stuck behind an AA Maddog in ABQ. He was #1 for departure and "taxiing" on the outer. We pushd a few mnutes after him, and taxied normally on the inner and had to hold short of the outer for over 10 minutes so we could follow him to 26. It took us 27 minutes (even longer for them because they pushed before us) to taxi to 26, and they STILL weren't ready at the end, so we ended up going before them anyway. They probably had to let the brakes cool after dragging them so long.

GMAFB

I have been out of touch for a while...what are those AA guys upset about?

I have been out of touch for a while...what are those AA guys upset about?

Oh buddy, we need to fly together soon so I can catch you up...on a lot of things.

Rush, rush, rush. Push, push, push. Just to make a few extra bucks. The SWA motto.

Guess you never heard the old saying...Haste makes waste. I guess when you have 500 airplanes, you can wreck a few here and there. Considering the fines you guys pay, looks like that philosophy applies to the maintenance department, too.

Knock it off jFubi. This is embarrassing to read as an AK pilot. Look in the mirror before u make such stupid statements. Some of us have flown w u.

To the rest of the guys, this guy in no way represents the rest of the 1360-ish Alaska pilots...

Mookie

Latest resources

Back