• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The American crawl is back....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I can make more $$$ in a month by logging less hours per trip.

I understand the "crawl" thing, and due to contractual issues, have done it myself in previous lives, BUT, if there was someone behind me, I'd pick it up or let them by. Have a little consideration for your fellow professionals.

I've been hosed by the "crAAwl" a bunch of times over the years, but the record has to be the time I got stuck behind an AA Maddog in ABQ. He was #1 for departure and "taxiing" on the outer. We pushd a few mnutes after him, and taxied normally on the inner and had to hold short of the outer for over 10 minutes so we could follow him to 26. It took us 27 minutes (even longer for them because they pushed before us) to taxi to 26, and they STILL weren't ready at the end, so we ended up going before them anyway. They probably had to let the brakes cool after dragging them so long.

GMAFB

Well some of us are doing what we can to fight for our careers. Are you sure your not a CAL captain?

I got stuck behind an LCC east 757 going 1kt off of 8 taxiing to the B gates in Phoenix. That was several months ago though.

. . . . . we're almost at the gate now. .(drumroll, cymbal splash)

Thanks, folks . . .I'll be here all week. Drink up, Shriners!

:beer:

Last edited:
Well some of us are doing what we can to fight for our careers. Are you sure your not a CAL captain?

I have no problem with doing what you need to do to "fight for your career", but how does screwing me and everyone else out of extra pay, commuter flights etc. help you? Just ask to hold out of the way somewhere for a while, and let other folks get where they're going.

Oh, and the closest I ever got to working for CAL was when I worked for Bar Harbor, who got bought by CO-EX about 5 months after I got furloughed.

As a platinum customer on AA(not by choice) how does this help the profession? AA's service is so terrible i avoid them at all cost. Missing my connection or whatever else is not appreciated. Sitting in the middle seat for an extra half hour so the cap can make a point is bs. I hope AA gets what it very much deserves in BK. Good day

or did it ever end?

Nothing like getting stuck behind an AA 737 taxiing at 5 kts.

:cool:

How is your pay calculated. Mine is by the minute. Get a clue.

This how you fight for your career? What an asinine comment. When your kids throws a hissy fit do you just cave and give them what they want?

Despite what you think and what you're told doing things like this does nothing to "fight for your career" other than turn away the loyal passengers who pay your salary and who fund any hope for your long term survival and return to top wages. They WILL go elsewhere and won't return and you'll find your career and company spiraling down. Ah but that will show management right???

Wrong. Mgmt pukes will just go find another mgmt job making the same or better as they were. Your career and livelihood on the otherhand will be over.

Really? Maybe I'm misunderstanding you. Are you really saying it's okay to taxi ridiculously slow to pad your paycheck (or make a statement), regardless of what it does to other pilots at that airport? Cause if you ARE, it's sounding an awful lot like, "it's all about me; screw everyone else." There's pilots who do NOT get paid by the minute, or have the opportunity to make more money picking up because a tailwind allows them to underblock and therefore pick up more flying, or who simply are trying to make a commuting flight home. To some of these other guys, minutes count. Minutes wasted behind a "crawler" count.

Now I'm not talking about people doing unsafe things to make an unrealistic commute, I'm talking about taking 27 minutes to get to runway 26 in ABQ (essentially a 2-mile straight taxiway). That's complete crap. I'm not here to argue about whether it's stealing from your company by intentionally taxiing too slowly to rack up block time, or whether it's an effective strategy taxiing extra slow to make a statement to your company. What I'm talking about is NOT screwing your fellow aviators who aren't doing whatever it is that you're trying to do.

Like Tripower said: if you want to crawl for whatever reason, that's up to you. No other pilot is going to tell you what to do. But if there's someone behind you, how 'bout finding another way to accoplish your goal: Ask to pull over and "rerun numbers." Tell ground you "have a paperwork or maintenance issue" you need to take care of. Let them by. Something. Just don't impose your slowdown on other carriers who undoubtedly have different motivations than you. That's chickensh1t.

But like I said, maybe I'm just hearing you wrong.

Bubba

So your willing to Fk your customer, so you can make a few more bucks. I would not expect anything better from you. The AA passenger did not do this to the pilots, why are the pilots punishing them?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back