• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The American crawl is back....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I hear a story that a while ago, some d-bag mgmt pilot tried to call scheduling from his cell phone while taxiiing to learn who the crew was in the crAAwling MD80 he was following (so he could chastise them presumably). F/O turned in CA for using cell phone during sterile flight deck (and CA couldn't deny it as scheduling had tape of call)..I believe he was violated and/or demoted.
Love it!!! Sometimes thre is justice in the world.
.. And I'd like to buy F/O several beers.

Knock it off jFubi. This is embarrassing to read as an AK pilot. Look in the mirror before u make such stupid statements. Some of us have flown w u.

To the rest of the guys, this guy in no way represents the rest of the 1360-ish Alaska pilots...

Mookie

Great post. Unfortunately every airline has a few idiots that show up on these forums. Fubi happens to be your airlines village idiot.

Fortunately most of us realize that he is not the norm. Thanks to the rest of you guys who have treated me well on my trips to Alaska.

I was doing a slowdown tactic going into SFO one day being level at 10,000 60 miles out at 250 knots. I think it was Alaska behind us wondering if he was following a Citation. I cranked back to 320 knots knowing it was our war, not theirs. The accelerating cost enough fuel burn to still hurt the company but not piss off your competition trying to do a good job. Slowing down an airport to get even with your company isn't being professional. Screwing with your company to get results is.

Enjoy your subpar job for subpar pay, and keep on unnecessarily adding to the airport gridlock for your own selfish reasons. Jealousy doesn't become you.

Jealous? Not hardly. I never wanted to work for a PFT Regional even if you do fly 737s and get paid $20 an hour more than me.

You want to talk, subpar job at subpar pay, talk to NEDude.

BTW, how did any of you clowns become airline pilots and NOT know the difference between a mechanical failure and pilot error (twice!)...Yikes.

Really? Maybe I'm misunderstanding you. Are you really saying it's okay to taxi ridiculously slow to pad your paycheck (or make a statement), regardless of what it does to other pilots at that airport?

But like I said, maybe I'm just hearing you wrong.

Yeah, you are. I don't do it. Our pairings are overblocked like crazy to maximize on time stats.

I ONLY taxi slow when SWA is behind me.

Some of us have flown w u.

You're right. Had to check my logbook. One time. And you were a month off probation. Guess that's why you're so forgettable.

You might be surprised to find out how many of our guys agree with me.

When I was in the bottom 10% of the seniority list, I generally kept my "opinions" to myself.

Last edited:
Well, guess what? YOU haven't. And you might be surprised to find out how many of our guys agree with me.

When I was in the bottom 90% of the seniority list, I generally kept my "opinions" to myself.

Yes, I have. And was not impressed especially considering how much you blowhard on here to other pilot groups.

Are you going to threaten me via PM again?
Mookie

I hear a story that a while ago, some d-bag mgmt pilot tried to call scheduling from his cell phone while taxiiing to learn who the crew was in the crAAwling MD80 he was following (so he could chastise them presumably). F/O turned in CA for using cell phone during sterile flight deck (and CA couldn't deny it as scheduling had tape of call)..I believe he was violated and/or demoted.
Love it!!! Sometimes thre is justice in the world.
.. And I'd like to buy F/O several beers.

True story. The Mad Dog was taxiing slowly b/c his gate was occupied (regular occurrence at DFW.) The 737 Fleet Captain was taxiing behind him, irritated beyond belief, convinced this was some kind of slow down, and called WHILE TAXIING HIS 737 to have the CA removed from his trip. A whole crapload of AA pilots turned him in. He did get demoted - to manager of SOC (Dispatch.)

Look, to the rest of you on this debate - most guys I fly with taxi at a regular pace. Yes we do have more than a few crawlers. If I fly with one of those and notice someone "tailgating", I get on the radio and tell Ground that he's more than welcome to taxi around us - we'll give way. It's worked a couple of times. But do keep this in mind: Our own VP of Flight - THE Head Honcho - consistently tells us to fly "aggressively safe" in his weekly hotlines. Don't know about you but that means we are to be aggressively safe in all areas of operation - we can read between the lines. Don't forget, we also have an unusually long Before T/O checklist that requires the F/O to be heads down a lot more than other airlines, and our CAs do A LOT of stuff while they're taxiing that most other airlines don't do (CAs here are required to make the "F/As Prepare for Takeoff" PA, they also start the engines so if we are S/E taxiing he starts the second engine.) Those things probably contribute to our slow taxis... most other airlines I know have the F/O do all that stuff.

So, our apologies, but don't expect us to be gung ho in helping the operation here - the mood here has not been exactly stellar here lately.

Last edited:
The 737 Fleet Captain was taxiing behind him, irritated beyond belief, convinced this was some kind of slow down, and called WHILE TAXIING HIS 737 to have the CA removed from his trip.

Heard the FAA got in on it as a violation of sterile cockpit.

So, our apologies, but don't expect us to be gung ho in helping the operation here - the mood here has not been exactly stellar here lately.

Now there's a surprise.

Latest resources

Back