• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The American crawl is back....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You hit the nail on the head. Self destruction of your brand and performance. Retaliation for whatever shell is left of this career. Since the government binds us with the RLA and never releases us to self help, we find other ways.

So when you self destruct your airline and your career is over and you start at the bottom somewhere else for the remaining few years, or take a job flipping burgers, will you feel good that you 'made your point?' Will you feel good that you put a lot of other hard working individuals at your company on the street? Will you feel good when your CEO brushes this one off, takes his golden parachute and gets another CEO job heading up another corporation or sits on the BOD somewhere?

You're only hurting yourself and fellow employees my friend. Demand your union leaders to start thinking outside the box for non-selfdestructive solutions.

A coupla' responses to recent Fubi-foolishness:

This thread started with someone mentioning AA purposefully slow-taxiing, presumidly as a tactic in their issues with their management and BK. Fubi misunderstands, and takes offense because he crawl-taxis to pad his paycheck:

How is your pay calculated. Mine is by the minute. Get a clue.

I guess we all need to get a clue. Then several SWA guys chime in and say that although we're fine with AA using a tactic, we'd like them to not inconvenience other carriers while doing it, and even offer suggestions on how to do so. Fubi is beside himself. Southwest posters! He HAS to engage:
Sounds an awful lot like you SWA boys want to tell other pilots what to do. If you have to fly underblock to pad your paycheck, TFB. Perhaps you should concentrate less on hurry and more on safety.

Unfortunately, his blather has nothing to do with the conversation. We were talking about intentionally taxiing too slow, and his retort is about Southwest rushing. Then, just to demonstrate how classy he is, he goes on to bring up SWA incidents which also have nothing to do with taxiing:

That would have kept at least two of your airplanes inside the airport boundary.

What a guy. Anyway, he can't stop himself from bringing up those incidents again, because everyone knows he can't make a post about American Airlines without having something to trash SWA about. This time it's about SWA wrecking airplanees and maintenance fines. Dude. We're trying to talk about intentional slow-taxiing, and you can't seem to help yourself talking about how bad SWA sucks.

At any rate, I didn't get a chance earlier, so here's a response to the other posts Fubi made:

BTW, how did any of you clowns become airline pilots and NOT know the difference between a mechanical failure and pilot error (twice!)...Yikes.

Uh, Fubi... To refresh your memory, YOU are the one who went straight to accidents in an unrelated thread. And YOU, dumbazz, were the one who mentioned "wrecking airplanes" and "maintenance departments" in the same line. Good God, do you even read what you write?

I ONLY taxi slow when SWA is behind me.

I see. Mister Professioinal. What a joy you must be to be around.

When I was in the bottom 10% of the seniority list, I generally kept my "opinions" to myself.

Wow. Professional AND a model of tolerance and acceptance. I suppose if your FO disagrees with something you do on the flight deck, the passengers on your plane better hope he's not in the bottom 10%, so you'll actually allow him to speak before you "wreck" an airplane.

Anyway, Fubi, have a nice, SWA-hating day.

Bubba

After threatening Mookie, a fellow co worker, via PM earlier in the thread, he might have bigger problems on his hands than his hate for SWA.

You guys think what he (Fubi) writes here is bad, you should read the threatening pm's he's sent me tonight.

You really need to grow up. The only person who sent threats was YOU! But, hey, do what you have to do...then we can have two guys known as "the Rat."

Fubi, seniority is a very relative thing- some very "junior" pilots have vast life and airline experience

Very true. However, not in this case. What we have here is someone who is afraid of his own shadow. He has had ample opportunity to talk to me in person yet, amazingly failed to do so.

That's called cowardice.

He just can't understand that some things posted on this site are done for "effect".

SHOCKER!

Guess I'll forward the PMs to all of you and you can judge for yourself who was threatening who.

Guys...
After discussing this w a buddy who is on pro stands, we both agree that it's fubis god given right to be a jerk online. We'll just have to see if more fo's complain about him and his ethics. It's sad, really, but I hope you guys know his opinion regarding these issues is not indicative of those of every Alaska pilot I know and have flown with.

Happy holidays, y'all
Mookie

The irony of this thread is incredible. SWA pilots lecturing others on TAXIING????? And professionalism??? Are you kidding me?

JUST TODAY, my LATEST experience with these clowns:

We taxi out in PBI, about 3 minutes before SWA calls for taxi. We taxi out at a fairly brisk pace (18-20K), my last leg of the day. SWA, doing easily 45K on the outer trying to pass us, unfortunately we got to end of the runway first. The SWA guy was so out of control I stopped short because I didn't think he could stop. His FO screaming on the radio they're "ready to go", they cut right in front of us (again, luckily I stopped), and they're cleared for TO. We took off less than 1 minute behind them, and followed them north, where we were treated to a Lufthansa responding to an RA they generated climbing to FL230.

Professional? Safe? Yeah, right. If you work for SWA, just STFU about professionalism, at least until there is a massive change in the safety culture there.

The irony of this thread is incredible. SWA pilots lecturing others on TAXIING????? And professionalism??? Are you kidding me?

JUST TODAY, my LATEST experience with these clowns:

We taxi out in PBI, about 3 minutes before SWA calls for taxi. We taxi out at a fairly brisk pace (18-20K), my last leg of the day. SWA, doing easily 45K on the outer trying to pass us, unfortunately we got to end of the runway first. The SWA guy was so out of control I stopped short because I didn't think he could stop. His FO screaming on the radio they're "ready to go", they cut right in front of us (again, luckily I stopped), and they're cleared for TO. We took off less than 1 minute behind them, and followed them north, where we were treated to a Lufthansa responding to an RA they generated climbing to FL230.

Professional? Safe? Yeah, right. If you work for SWA, just STFU about
professionalism, at least until there is a massive change in the safety culture there.

I must say, for all my love of Southwest, I do tend to agree with this post.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back