• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The $10 fare is here...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It doesn't matter how cheap your fares are if you aren't flying anywhere people want to go.

Nowhere people want to go? The only place you dont want to go is Ann Arbor, MI.

Skybus is flying to the top 10 out of 15 destinations requested out of Columbus per day. If you think it will only be people from CMH flying Skybus, you are mistaken. DAY has been almost full for 3 months now....CVG people are driving up because of the outrageous fares there. heck...even the long term lot is full in DAY right now. Airtran is adding LAS in August. People are looking...and now there might be an answer. Too bad pilots are not respected. If only the former SWA guy at Skybus management could bring SWA values...this could be a great place to be.

Hey, that service isn't too far removed from the service on {a certain legacy carrier that I won't mention by name}. $2 for headsets. $2 for curbside check in. $4 biscuits. The only thing I haven't seen yet is the FAA approval for strap hanging, so they can get 250 standing customers on a 319.

Skybus is flying to the top 10 out of 15 destinations requested out of Columbus per day.

Well, kind of. Skybus is flying within a 2 hour drive of 10 of the top 15 destinations out of CMH. I may be poor and cheap, but I still think some of the destinations are a little far out. I could see flying into a secondary airport on the other side of a destination city, but not 80 miles away from a city.

Nowhere people want to go? The only place you dont want to go is Ann Arbor, MI.quote]

Unless you want to visit the finest academic and athletic institution in the land. And yes, OSU is rated last in the Big Ten for academics even though their grads will never admit it. You must be both an OSU grad AND a Skybus pilot. The two go hand and hand quite nicely.

Last edited:
....but note you will have to go pick up your bag at baggage claim, and then re-check in for your next flight.

Boy.....that is going to be fun. Multiple trips through security. You are going to need 2 hours between connecting flights to make that work. If you're flight is delayed getting in.....oh well. Make the choice between making your connection without your bag, or getting your bag and missing your flight.

There is a little more leg room on the Skybus seats due to the seatback pockets being removed down below which gives you a couple of inches....

Oh please............

Hmmm....$hit sacks huh...that's a good idea...;) Only now that takes away my idea of the pay for play for their lavs...well, i guess it really would do the same thing though...hmmmmm.

One lav would be funny...can you imagine the lines for it...almost like those at a greyhound station....OH WAIT....that's right, nevermind.

I don't think it's full of non-sense, it seems to be proving a point of what this airline tends to be thinking in their rise to the bottom.

There are a lot of places i don't want to go!!!! most of them have me arriving at an airport 90 miles away from my destination, and calling that the local service!

Ann Arbor can have the "finest academic and athlectic" institution in the US (although i must humbly disagree), but they can NEVER even come close to the finest women in the academic US...that belongs in the Lone Star State...and i am sure most of you could figure that one out by looking towards the bottom of this(and every) thread of mine.

What's up Shrek? How's Spirit treatin ya? The sad part about this, although it is fun, is that it is all true.

Nowhere people want to go? The only place you dont want to go is Ann Arbor, MI.quote]

Unless you want to visit the finest academic and athletic institution in the land. And yes, OSU is rated last in the Big Ten for academics even though their grads will never admit it. You must be both an OSU grad AND a Skybus pilot. The two go hand and hand quite nicely.

Finest athletic institution is quite a stretch. If you consider the NIT a qualification...then well, Ill give that one to you. Know about the Heisman trophy? Probably not. Here's a little help:

Winners by school

School Winners Ohio State 7 Notre Dame 7 USC 7 Oklahoma 4 Army 3 Michigan 3 Nebraska 3 Auburn 2
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heisman_Trophy

If you have a stat for the most dorks at one college, you're right...Michigan might just be at the top. Take off your Zubaz and come to the real world...we're waiting!

Well, kind of. Skybus is flying within a 2 hour drive of 10 of the top 15 destinations out of CMH. I may be poor and cheap, but I still think some of the destinations are a little far out. I could see flying into a secondary airport on the other side of a destination city, but not 80 miles away from a city.

Very True.

Finest athletic institution is quite a stretch. If you consider the NIT a qualification...then well, Ill give that one to you. Know about the Heisman trophy? Probably not. Here's a little help:

Winners by school

School Winners Ohio State 7 Notre Dame 7 USC 7 Oklahoma 4 Army 3 Michigan 3 Nebraska 3 Auburn 2
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heisman_Trophy

If you have a stat for the most dorks at one college, you're right...Michigan might just be at the top. Take off your Zubaz and come to the real world...we're waiting!

The Heisman is an individual award and it sure proved well for Troy Smith this year. He was drafted in what, the 6th round? Impressive.

Here is the most important fact anyhow:

Michigan 57 wins
Ohio State 40 wins
Ties 6

I can't wait to be at the game in Ann Arbor in November. The team with the most experienced QB always wins. This year that happens to be Michigan. Ohio State will be 10-3 in 2007. Michigan will be 12-1.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back