• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The $10 fare is here...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
well, if you'd read a little more in depth about the company before rambling absurd assumptions you'd know that there are 10 seats on every flight offered at $10. The price goes up after that....next to $20, and so on. Flights to BUR, BLI, and OAK already have seats going in the $125 range if you check their web site.

OK, so it's pretty much first come first served then.

I did a little bit of price comparison today, and they're not all that much cheaper than swa or jb. I compared using a flight from cmh-fll round trip. Unless the dates I was using to compare had flights that were already dam near full, the difference is only about $20-$40 round trip. Does anyone think people will realize that for another $40, they can be treated like people and not livestock? BTW, are the FAs going to use cattle prods to get pax to buy more snacks, or is that going to be reserved for boarding?

Last edited:
really? cause I just did a check on orbitz.com and cheaptickets.com and chose a random date...leaving Sept 4th and returning no the 6th from CMH-FLL. lowest fares on other airlines was $256 per person...Skybus is $80 right now.

Well, for what they pay they will get many pilots that want that AirBus time. We are our own worst enemy....the problem is we (pilots) don't see it until have enough time to see the impact. Low time guys (and we were all there at some time) will work for anything, remember a lot of 23 and 25 year old 2500 hour wonder pilots don't have a family to support if they are even living on thier own. Anyway....I'll jump off my soap box.

By the way, do they have the honor of being an ULTRA LLC. I think not! And we have $9 tickets....so they aren't even that cool! ;)

keep 'em in the green

really? cause I just did a check on orbitz.com and cheaptickets.com and chose a random date...leaving Sept 4th and returning no the 6th from CMH-FLL. lowest fares on other airlines was $256 per person...Skybus is $80 right now.

I was using sometime in the end of May, I think it was Dept 26 May Ret 28 May. I was also using the websites of Skybus, Jet Blue, and Southwest. I don't trust any of those magic travel sites.

bg aviator:

four or ten...what's the difference... i said probably by the way,left the door open. whatever

i wonder how much working capital they have and how long their plan calls for losses. quarterly.

flyI assumed a 30 dollar barrel of oil. and their office... were all business school grads....probably!!

Hey guys come on...let's give ole bgaviator a break here...it sounds like he is trying to justify his choice to go fly for them...while he is doing a good job on himself, the rest of us know the truth.

My favorite part of all the articles and stuff on tv is the fact that EVERYTHING is going to be outsourced. In an age where our own people working for the "mother" airline cannot even please the general public, how in the HELL are a bunch of minimum wage, never graduated from high school people going to do a good enough job to keep people coming back time and again? I don't get it...plus the fact that they say all of their flights are turns, then they want to get 70 planes in a couple of years...where are they going to keep 70 airplanes in CMH every night? Oh yeah, and when the people pay for those pillows and blankets, do they get to keep them after the flight, or are they really just renting them...if they get to keep them, then that was a bad idea, because now you have everyone bringing their own onboard and you no longer sell them...but if you rent them, just think, you get to pay for all the filth and grime that everyone else gets for free ;) . Then WOW...the pay at 65 and 30...i'm impressed!!!!:rolleyes: Add those together and you'll get close to what i will make this year...as a second year F/O!!!

Oh well though, as someone said, we are our own greatest enemy...there is always someone willing to fly those "big planes" for whatever the pay is.

Hey guys come on...let's give ole bgaviator a break here...it sounds like he is trying to justify his choice to go fly for them...while he is doing a good job on himself, the rest of us know the truth.

My favorite part of all the articles and stuff on tv is the fact that EVERYTHING is going to be outsourced. In an age where our own people working for the "mother" airline cannot even please the general public, how in the HELL are a bunch of minimum wage, never graduated from high school people going to do a good enough job to keep people coming back time and again? I don't get it...plus the fact that they say all of their flights are turns, then they want to get 70 planes in a couple of years...where are they going to keep 70 airplanes in CMH every night? Oh yeah, and when the people pay for those pillows and blankets, do they get to keep them after the flight, or are they really just renting them...if they get to keep them, then that was a bad idea, because now you have everyone bringing their own onboard and you no longer sell them...but if you rent them, just think, you get to pay for all the filth and grime that everyone else gets for free ;) . Then WOW...the pay at 65 and 30...i'm impressed!!!!:rolleyes: Add those together and you'll get close to what i will make this year...as a second year F/O!!!

Oh well though, as someone said, we are our own greatest enemy...there is always someone willing to fly those "big planes" for whatever the pay is.

FYI, I don't fly for them. I am just an Ohio native who likes to hope for the best when a new big company plans on bringing jobs to the state. I can answer a couple of your questions though. CMH will only have a max of 8-10 planes stationed there. The other "focus cities" that will come online in the near future will be the bases for the other aircraft.
And yes, you do keep the pillows and blankets if you buy them on board...it states that on the web site.

FYI, I don't fly for them. I am just an Ohio native who likes to hope for the best when a new big company plans on bringing jobs to the state. I can answer a couple of your questions though. CMH will only have a max of 8-10 planes stationed there. The other "focus cities" that will come online in the near future will be the bases for the other aircraft.
And yes, you do keep the pillows and blankets if you buy them on board...it states that on the web site.

Well there ya go...you get to keep the blankets and pillows...as far as it being on their website...well good for them, i for one am not going to waste my time even looking at their website...i have better things to do, like sit here and read flightinfo posts all day long...:D

Well, Starchkr, I was bored off my as$ today (I even got bored with FI for a while!), so I took a look at thier site. The one thing that gets me, is how do you reserve any flights that don't originate or terminate in CMH? Please note, I only tested the first part of the reservation process and didn't even click the next button.

I still would like to see how they can fit that many people in an a319. I cannot see that being at all comfortable.

I will give the sky greyhound a chance, if they start flying down to orlando this summer, mainly because i'm poor. This is only if they start flying to orlando though, because I don't see my friend driving three hours to pick my a$$ up. If it is as bad as everyone expects, I'll buy seat on SW for my trip back up. Should I bring a camera to document my experience for y'all to see on youtube?

Last edited:
Well, Starchkr, I was bored off my as$ today (I even got bored with FI for a while!), so I took a look at thier site. The one thing that gets me, is how do you reserve any flights that don't originate or terminate in CMH? Please note, I only tested the first part of the reservation process and didn't even click the next button.

I still would like to see how they can fit that many people in an a319. I cannot see that being at all comfortable.

I will give the sky greyhound a chance, if they start flying down to orlando this summer, mainly because i'm poor. This is only if they start flying to orlando though, because I don't see my friend driving three hours to pick my a$$ up. If it is as bad as everyone expects, I'll buy seat on SW for my trip back up. Should I bring a camera to document my experience for y'all to see on youtube?

you buy two seperate tickets and make your own connection....but note you will have to go pick up your bag at baggage claim, and then re-check in for your next flight.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back