• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Thankyou to Colgan/Pinnacle

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How is this 12 hour duty day going to affect our pay? Will the airlines use us more efficiently or be cornered into using us less?

So I'm watching the evening news and the FAA is pissed. I thought this was a blip on some statistical board of "who gives a sh!t" but apparently if you ball up a plane in the Northeast for no reason the government notices.

I have often held that until we start crashing airplanes nothing in this industry will change. I was not willing to take one for the team but it looks like somebody was.

Tonight the head of the FAA said that he didn't want to wait for the NTSB... a rules change was going to happen. Looking at a max 12 hour duty day... The 250 hour wonder... Checkride pass rates... etc.

Unions have been fighting for this stuff for years with no result. The duty rules haven't changed in 40 years. This accident has the potential to offset the age 65 problem.

So seriously to the pinnacle crew who balled up the empty RJ laughing all the way down. The Colgan crew that left the power at idle. Thanks for taking one for the team.
You must be such a great pilot that you got hired by that airline with the perfect safety record! Which one was that again?

Shorter duty days = Less efficient pairings = Less days off

I don't know what rules you fly under, but I am limited to eight hours flight time per day. I would call 8 hours flight time in a 12 hour period more efficient than 8 hours in a 16 hour period. I hate sitting around the airport.

So seriously to the pinnacle crew who balled up the empty RJ laughing all the way down. The Colgan crew that left the power at idle. Thanks for taking one for the team.

You're a dick!!

Latest resources

Back