Thankyou to Colgan/Pinnacle

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Crash Pad

So I'm watching the evening news and the FAA is pissed. I thought this was a blip on some statistical board of "who gives a sh!t" but apparently if you ball up a plane in the Northeast for no reason the government notices.

I have often held that until we start crashing airplanes nothing in this industry will change. I was not willing to take one for the team but it looks like somebody was.

Tonight the head of the FAA said that he didn't want to wait for the NTSB... a rules change was going to happen. Looking at a max 12 hour duty day... The 250 hour wonder... Checkride pass rates... etc.

Unions have been fighting for this stuff for years with no result. The duty rules haven't changed in 40 years. This accident has the potential to offset the age 65 problem.

So seriously to the pinnacle crew who balled up the empty RJ laughing all the way down. The Colgan crew that left the power at idle. Thanks for taking one for the team.

So I'm watching the evening news and the FAA is pissed. I thought this was a blip on some statistical board of "who gives a sh!t" but apparently if you ball up a plane in the Northeast for no reason the government notices.

I have often held that until we start crashing airplanes nothing in this industry will change. I was not willing to take one for the team but it looks like somebody was.

Tonight the head of the FAA said that he didn't want to wait for the NTSB... a rules change was going to happen. Looking at a max 12 hour duty day... The 250 hour wonder... Checkride pass rates... etc.

Unions have been fighting for this stuff for years with no result. The duty rules haven't changed in 40 years. This accident has the potential to offset the age 65 problem.

So seriously to the pinnacle crew who balled up the empty RJ laughing all the way down. The Colgan crew that left the power at idle. Thanks for taking one for the team.

im sure the pleasure is not all theirs...

Hey, if you are going to try to be mr. awesome, dont forget to thank Comair for taking off on the wrong runway!

Another classy post on FI. Nice job, Mr. Feminine Cleansing Product. Shouldn't we thank the 48 innocent folks who go immolated in the Colgan accident? Didn't they take "one for the team" as well? I am sure their families would be so comforted to know that their sacrifice was well worth it. I mean, who WOULDN'T want to lose a family member in a horrible accident?

If the FAA does finally move on this, the only reason is because the body count has finally reached whatever threshold it had to for change to occur. Moreover, don't count your chickens before they hatch! Until the rules are actually made the only thing that has changed is the amount of hot air emanating from inside the Beltway in D.C.

Next weeks forecast? 90% chance of scattered blame laying, with a chance of knee jerk reactions. A frontal system of political hubris can also be expected to impact the industry...

whoa nelly, lowlypropcapt....! A lot of these people have never heard such complicated sentence structure and concepts before. I do like the weatherman bit though.

Call a d0uche a d0uche, the thread will be more amusing that way.

whoa nelly, lowlypropcapt....! A lot of these people have never heard such complicated sentence structure and concepts before. I do like the weatherman bit though.

Call a d0uche a d0uche, the thread will be more amusing that way.

It is funny... The more I drink the better my english becomes!

Apparently so does my predilection for pointing out the d0uchebaggery of some of the posts I see on here.

I'm thinking you could have worded that with a little more sensitivity!

It's sad our industry rules have to change based on tragic events. It's more sad that the evidence has been there all along and nothing has been done about it until we loose lives.

What's sad is they tried to lay it all on the crew in particular and avoid any kind of changes that would cost the airlines money to implement. That sh!t didn't stick to the wall, so now they have to actually do something. Hopefully it won't just be access to everyone's private data without changing minimum qualifications (ATP and TT), pay, and crew rest as well. You know airline management is screaming murder to the fed on any changes that may cost them money. Sh!t roles down hill though, so watch out.

Hey, if you are going to try to be mr. awesome, dont forget to thank Comair for taking off on the wrong runway!

As an aside, said wrong runway no longer exists. Good riddance.

Latest resources

Back