Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
So go ahead burn it down, you dont "own" the airplanes so your protest will make as much sense as the idiots that burned their neighborhoods during the LA riots!
I don't necessarily agree with anything that has been proposed...but this pretty much sums up the whole "burn down the house" mentality.

So what's the deal? Did SKYW Inc buy them already? I thought XJ shut the deal down, what the hecks going on?

what the hecks going on?

for now, scenarios are being proposed and deals considered, that is all...plus lots of chest thumping, prideful rants and empty threats here at good ol' FI.com

all that and 2 bits might buy you a stick of gum, for what it's all worth

So in other words...NOTHING. To the XJ guys complaining about losing their LAX base, I feel your pain. I remember the way it felt when I had to move out of there because we lost our base when YOU took it from us.

Skywest would be getting the Delta flying in LAX too, and no more XJT scope.

FWI, SKW was always going to get the LAX DAL flying all along... XJT was just a placeholder until the UAX non-compete thing could be worked (which it has been). Everybody at SKW, and everybody I know at XJT, knew this all along...

So let me get this straight.

SkyWest, Inc. buys ExpressJet, immediately furloughs 700 pilots, then transfers a handful of airplanes to SkyWest Airlines. SkyWest pilots get to continue their rightful 2 year upgrades while ExpressJet at best turns into the next Eagle and at worst turns into the next ACA.

And this is somehow a good thing? Because they were "saved"?

There will be no deal approved by the XJT pilots.

Jerry Atkin and Larry Kellner want XJT pilot blo jobs.

I would rather struggle to the end, furlough on our own accord if needed, cut branded (happening every month), expand charter, and wait for Mesa to die to pick up what scraps we can with our redeployed branded planes and the next batch of airplanes Continental will refuse back to us.

I thought we were going to hear a serious business proposal to maybe give XJT a better future. Well try again. Branded gone (fair enough). LAX Delta gone to Skywest (why? DAL likes the product XJT is supplying there, otherwise they could have had SKW do it in the first place). They would get control of the CAL flying and will use the new XJT subsidiary (gee thanks) until CAL lets their scope go, whereupon XJT pilots will be screwed anyway when SKW put Skywest Airlines 70-90 seaters on the CAL flying. They didn't even mention our charter cash cow which is set to double this year.

What a deal!

Jerry A$$h0le.

Your name says it all. Big shot! LMAO

, whereupon XJT pilots will be screwed anyway when SKW put Skywest Airlines 70-90 seaters on the CAL flying. .

Any jet flying larger than 50 seats will be flown by Continental pilots only. Our scope is only going to become stronger with our current negotiations. This is good news for people looking to move on from their current jobs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back